JPA access

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by JUNIOR_TAPO, Jun 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone, new poster - thanks for all the info I've found on here prior...best & easiest way to find things out.

One quick question as TA offc cadet - how do I gain access to the JPA?

2. msr

msr LE

Via a DII terminal.

msr

3. Speak to your admin people, they should have ordered you a JPA account and DII account

4. JPA account is automatically created when you are enlisted. Your username is your service number followed by the first 5 letters of your surname, your unit will have your password (alternatively phone 01412 243600 for a password reset, the memorable data they ask for is your NI number). Then log on from a DII terminal.

5. thanks guys, what is a DII account tho? some way of accessing this from my home PC without heading to the TA centre?

6. msr

msr LE

Nope. TAC access only.

msr

7. It is a reasonable question with an inadequate answer. The single biggest failing of JPA (and there are many) is that it cannot be accessed from outside the RLI. There are a lot of circumstances in which an individual might find him/herself in a location without RLI access for considerable periods of time. Accessability from t'interweb would resolve this issue in the vast majority of cases.

8. I'm pretty sure there are some PERSEC issues with making the entire career information of every member of HM Forces accessible over civ internet...i'm sure there'll be some tech types hovering around on here who can explain a little better.

9. thanks guys, looks like will have to go in....

10. The civilians in the MoD can now access their HRMS system, similar to JPA from non DII/MoD terminals. They are issued a little card system thing which you input your staff number into which gives you access codes, to input when prompted, similar to Internet banking. So now they can sit at home updating their sick record!
    As for whether this will come across to JPA, your guess is as good as mine!

11. ah thanks, but still means asking the unit for the card right? Been waiting long enough for JPA access details, this would be longer i'd guess...tho HRMS access would do, i just need some access to some documents...

12. It's applied for via your line manager, then you have to wait for it to be delivered, sometimes 4-6 days others 4-6 weeks!!

13. Heathcliff - yes this already exists for JPA, IIRC it's called IASS but is limited to those in remote posts (overseas, etc) and does not offer full JPA functionality. As I understand it is not linked directly to the live version of JPA but to an overnight download of the data (similar to JPA Reporting) which then updates JPA live.

14. Yep its a PROJECT MANAGEMENT issue also know as OFFICER, basically too many people can come up with trivial crap and/or unrelated issues to prevent it from happening.

15. JUNIOR_TAPO what are you actually looking for? JPA does not hold 'documents' as such, are you sure you don't just mean DII?