Journos arrested

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by devilish, Jul 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Two Jounalist from the Daily Mirror have been arrested trying to plant a fake bomb on a train, sorry no link.

From BBC news 24.

2. F*ckwits. What are they on? I hope they get time for this. The excuse will be that they were 'testing' security. Well lads, it works and you've got 18 months each.
  3. Its a pity the right people could not have given the nod to the Met. :wink:
  4. "conspiracy to cause a public nuisance and conspiracy to cause fear of violence"

:rubs hands with glee:
  5. You would think the Daily Mirror would think twice about trying to fake anything considering their track record.

I hope they throw the book at the stupid, arrogant, sanctimonious snivilling little weasely sh!ts!
  6. Agree with Biscuits_AB and BBR....

However. Like the cnut that I am, I left a rucksack on a First Great Western train from Paddington to Hereford, complete with laptop and loads of wires and crap in it. This was the week after 7/7.

I got off the train at Charlbury (pished), realised my mistake, thought that would be the last I saw of it and went home.

Then I phoned the Brit Transport Police, FGW and everyone else I could think of in case there was a security alert.

I needn't have worried. The train got as far as Great Malvern to be cleaned - nobody noticed the rucksack - and got as far back as Worcester Shrub Hill where a very brave soul picked up said luggage and put it in the station office until I could arrive to pick it up and buy them all a bottle of champagne.

Contents of bag intact.

Embarrassment factor huge.

Security breach? Possible, IMHO.
  7. my bold.

their track record. approx 100% fiction and they have been cought a few times (alledgedly)! this is par for the course.

8. nothing will happen, it never does. A couple of years in wanno would be a proper deterrent for this kind of thing

9. Show trial exclusive for the Mirror in a few months time?! Agree with Biscuits_AB, 18 months, should focus their journalistic talents. Yep. Feckwits!
  10. With pr*cks like this "testing" security, how are the security services meant to keep tabs on the real terrorists.

No doubt they were trying for a gloating story about how slack security is on the rail network. I very much doubt we'll now see a story about how good security is.

Tell you what scumbags. If you're out of prison by the next time I visit Iraq, why don't you "pretend" to be suicide bombers and "test" our security.
  11. Damned fools... a stunt like that here could get you shot by police.
  12. Two thoughts on this.

Firstly, these two should face the full force of the laws relating to anti-terrorism - no excuses! Slam this pair of utter 'no-brains' as hard as the law allows. (Having said that, if you break the law under the regime of Bliar and Cyclops - walk away - unless you are public school or 'Oxbridge').

Secondly, these tw*ts are reported as being from the 'Daily Mirror' - therefore, no charges will be preferred.
  13. 'Could'? Are your police chappies getting a bit soft? :wink:

Much as I'd love to think that the CPS will prosecute and they'll get sent down, I expect that the rule that says bomb hoaxers are exempt from prosecution if they work for tabloids will apply...
  14. Wishful thinking over here mate...unless your Brazilian :(
  15. Or beaten to inches of your life by any witnesses in Scotland... where's a good old cabby when you need one? ;)