Journalist request

Hi everyone,

I hope you don’t mind me jumping on here. If you are currently serving in the British Army and identify as LGBT + can you please get in touch. We particularly want to hear from soldiers from Northern Ireland but this is not essential. We want to discuss your experiences and can offer anonymity.

As it is Pride month we are working on a story to be published on Belfast Live. Please share and thank you.

Please email (subject heading- PRIDE Army) news@belfastlive.co.uk

Kindest regards,

Trish.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
@Bad CO

May I suggest you take this on board in this first instance? I'm sure it is a straightforward request rather than a phish but these are difficult times.

TY

Dredd

LE
I think the point was more - have you cleared this with the site owners to solicit engagement?

Bad CO

Admin
Moved to CA so hopefully people will behave sensibly.

If you are thinking of responding, please
  • Confirm your chain of command are happy for you to do this
  • Consider your security

War Hero
Well at least it is openly a journalist request!

I do hope that Belfast.Live realises that most of the posters here seem to be mainly old war horses out to pasture. Most served when such behaviour got you locked up.

Do you know that there is an official army LBGT social media forum and that you can be pretty sure that those posters are serving?

Hi everyone,

I hope you don’t mind me jumping on here. If you are currently serving in the British Army and identify as LGBT + can you please get in touch. We particularly want to hear from soldiers from Northern Ireland but this is not essential. We want to discuss your experiences and can offer anonymity.

As it is Pride month we are working on a story to be published on Belfast Live. Please share and thank you.

Please email (subject heading- PRIDE Army) news@belfastlive.co.uk

Kindest regards,

Trish.

Oh dear.....

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
Why LGBT+ and not LGBTQ+? Seems like Belfast Live are trying to eradicate some people's existences? Educate yourselves & do better.

Why LGBT+ and not LGBTQ+? Seems like Belfast Live are trying to eradicate some people's existences? Educate yourselves & do better.

No I so either, so it's intersexophobic, and no sign of an F for Furries either...

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
@Bad CO has approved this so normal CA rules apply. If you don't wish to engage with the request, ignore it.

I Just can not see serving military personal marching in Belfast in uniform, but I might be wrong?

Who mentioned marching?

To be fair though there are uniforms at Rememberance. No idea whether Pride types would even be interested in PDNI or Armed Forces representation being present.

War Hero
There may not be a listed reporter or editor, but there will probably be a researcher working on getting material for a journalist. It is how they do things!

There may not be a listed reporter or editor, but there will probably be a researcher working on getting material for a journalist. It is how they do things!
Either way, it’ll be a hatchet job, they (the press) just won’t be able to help themselves. “Army leading the way on LGBTQ+“ doesn’t fit the narrative, doesn’t sell papers and would put about 5,000 people out of work, mainly in various HQs and in Whitehall.

The argument will be to engage and put the record straight but with selective quotes, see above. If everyone stopped banging this particular drum the forces would reach a point much quicker where everyone gets judged on how they get their job done rather than who does what to who and with who in their private lives.

For evidence of this, see the airline industry which has been a smorgasbord of sexualities etc for years and everyone just gets on with it.

It makes it a very pleasant place to work for that very reason.