Joshua Vs. Povetkin.

Predict The Outcome.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some real maturity in that scrap from Joshua. Povetkin dished out some punishment and is a hard bàstard, but a cracking end by AJ. Nice to see the mutual respect between them too.

On a side note - did Povetkin's trainer try to grab the ref?

Yeah - I think he was trying to throw the towel in but forget the actual towel.
Fair play. At that point, against the ropes, Povetkin was done. Just taking extra damage. I'll say one thing for the Russki... He's one, tough son of a bitch.

I'll say one thing for the Russki... He's one, tough son of a bitch.
And a clean fighter to boot. It’s a pity he’s not running things in the Kremlin, instead of that piggy-eyed murdering creep Putin. (Apologies for the thread drift.)

And a clean fighter to boot. It’s a pity he’s not running things in the Kremlin, instead of that piggy-eyed murdering creep Putin. (Apologies for the thread drift.)
Well... He's clean now!

Fair point - I was referring to his performance in tonight’s fight rather than his dodgy past. I suppose it’s too much to hope that any top Russian athlete will ever be completely ‘clean’ in the context of drugs.

Tested loads of times during training for this apparently
Doesn't surprise me.

Fair point - I was referring to his performance in tonight’s fight rather than his dodgy past. I suppose it’s too much to hope that any top Russian athlete will ever be completely ‘clean’ in the context of drugs.
You're right about his performance tonight. He put up a better fight than all the others that AJ has fought - a 39 year old bloke!

Yep always been the problem, how do you define clean...
I agree with what Bellew said for 5 Live. One day, a drug cheat will end up killing someone. Plus, there is no real punishment to deter cheats. I mean Povetkin was discovered cheating twice. Until there is proper serious punishment like lifetime bans and criminal prosecution (I'm not saying that will deter 100% of cheats), it will be a common problem among athletes of all sports.

After having to watch the last couple of fights on BT, I couldn't be more glad to give Sky money.
Sky has broken my interweb and not fixed it for a month apparently.

Spent an hour on the ******* phone

Not seen fight or read reports so cheers for analysis

I’m firmly in the fury camp but glad AJ didn’t get stopped and eventually will get boxed out of existence by Tyson

I agree with what Bellew said for 5 Live. One day, a drug cheat will end up killing someone. Plus, there is no real punishment to deter cheats. I mean Povetkin was discovered cheating twice. Until there is proper serious punishment like lifetime bans and criminal prosecution (I'm not saying that will deter 100% of cheats), it will be a common problem among athletes of all sports.
Bellew's right but if he'd used the word disgusting one more time in that interview I'd have to go round and set his beard on fire.