• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Joshua Vs. Povetkin.

Predict The Outcome.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personally think that although Povetkin has some heavy punches and decent footwork, (his only loss was to Wladimir Klitschko) he hasn't got the same talent as AJ.

I reckon AJ will win by KO in Round 4.

Last edited:
AJ on points unless a really clear opportunity opens up. It's a fight nobody will remember so not worth taking a risk for glory.

Povetkin is top level and dangerous, but AJ's size will make it difficult for him to get anywhere near.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
AJ is at prime fitness and Povetkin is unlikely to succeed. Win on points is a possibility but I feel AJ will create an opportunity and go for the knockout. Without doubt Povetkin is class, it will be a good match.

I think if anyone was going to knock Joshua out, Povetkin is the man to do it, but age might be against him now.

Looking forward to this - I rarely give Sky anymore than I have to but I'll watch this - watched the Klitch fight as well and that was worth every penny.

As said above, if AJ keeps his jab working and AP at arms length then he'll be in a good position for points and to set up a KO, but if he slacks just one bit and lets AP get inside, then he risks it big time. AP reminds me a bit of Tyson in the way he works - not as strong but he's fast and can nail the big guys quite happily given half the chance.

I reckon KO to AJ in the 7th but with a scare earlier on.

AJ 2.0 is fighting cautious these days, jab stick, smother and move. Povetkin is experienced enough to be dangerous at close range even with much bigger men as he showed with David Price; but he's 37 and not juiced up and conceding at least 2 stone. AJ to stop him between rounds 6-9.

David Price fight should be entertaining. One of THE biggest punchers at HW in the world (has allegedly dropped Joshua sparring) but with a chine made of fine china plate.

Dog init. Okolie did this against Chamberlain.

At the end of the fight assuming he wins he will proclaim it as some amazing victory.

I think Price should call it a night on his boxing career. He's suffered serious damage in his past few fights and I don't want to see him become one of those people who are called when they need to make the numbers up. It's a shame as if things had gone a little differently and he had a stronger chin, he could have been something special.

I think Price should call it a night on his boxing career. He's suffered serious damage in his past few fights and I don't want to see him become one of those people who are called when they need to make the numbers up. It's a shame as if things had gone a little differently and he had a stronger chin, he could have been something special.
I don't think his chin is the problem. It's the fact that he can't box. He just stands there with no head movement at all.

He's a likeable guy, but he's a liability to himself. He should take his reputation and start a business with it.

Latest Threads