Josey Wales Hearts-Club Band

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by blue-sophist, Jun 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Yes, it's another Auction for "Help Them Out",

JoseyWales is auctioning the following item ...

One Military Band, Boxed and in Mint Condition.
    The limited edition number is 459 out of 500.

No pi66ing around, this is quality stuff for collectors.
    You do NOT play with them, or march them around the square.
    You do NOT try to give the Bandmaster a blow-job.

You DO bid large money for this collectors' item to help us keep Helping Them Out :wink:

Auction closes .... let's give it a week and see how we go ... Friday 27 June at 1700.

Attached Files:

2. Thank you blue-sophist,

The set is in it's original box and in mint condition. The photograph doesn't do the set real justice.
  3. blue-sophist

Any more details would be helpful ... I'm guessing Britain's?

That would mean we are looking for at least £100 for a set of this size ... and then mint, boxed, limited edition probably means a bunch more than that.

This item WILL be pulled if it doesn't reach a decent figure, folks. :wink:
  4. Yes,

All of you check page 93 on the Begging bowl Thread.
  5. blue-sophist

Bumpy-bump ... no sign of any collectors yet.

Any experts out there care to offer a valuation? A quick Google suggests this is worth around £100.
  6. Bid please - it's for a really good cause. I was prompted by the 2 blind RM's.
  7. blue-sophist

Josey, that is looking like a very dead duck with its head amputated to make sure.

I suggest you pull that item right now, and get it shifted through a proper collectors' sale.

That's a VERY strong suggestion, BTW. :wink:
  8. How much are they actually worth?

i'll bid £50 for a starter.
  9. I paid £149.99 for the set. I was going to auction it in November on behalf of the RBL. The receipt is in the box.

It's really good stuff and a limited edition set - you can't lose matey.

10. Thanks - now we are rolling.

You will not be disappointed guys, the detail is superb. Come on the rest of you.

11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Come on guys, lets bid in realistic numbers. 100 of those fine English pounds.
  12. If we don't make £100 plus - the set will be auctioned again in November.

I am not in this for profit. I have already paid £149.00 for this item and my plan is to contribute the proceeds of the auction towards the care of the injured.

Dig deeper please.

13. I can't afford to bid on these as lack of work recently has left me a little short (shorter on the left than the right 8) ) but come on guys.

This is for a good cause; I know what it's like to be seriously injured and thank my lucky stars that I don't need help. But there are seriously injured guys out there thet DO need help. YOU were lucky ... they weren't ... get your fcuking wallet out and give them something that YOU take for granted (like a holiday).

Sorry posted with a belly full of whiskey:oops: