Joseph Carter, Liverpool, Normandy Veteran

Presumably the "old" now Costco address is the one that was submitted on the application form?
It's possible that it was submitted by a relative of Mr Carter, given his age, so the "applications office" at MOD may have a contact address or if the application was an electronic one an e mail address.

At least the application's being dealt with.
My fathers application for his L d'H was submitted middle of last year, I've still not received acknowledgement despite a few attempts to elicit one.
The only response I got was from a very helpful lady in the wrong department who forwarded my query to the appropriate department - who still failed to acknowledge it despite further requests.
Father's 93, not in the best of health, they're presumably waiting for him to die so they don't have to be bothered to send an email or two. I'm not asking for preferential treatment, just a "Yes, we've got it, thanks".
A shabby lack of response by MOD.

The problem woth the Legion of Honneur awards is that people are blaming the MOD here. The MOD is not really anything to do with this - the French Government issues the, not the UK government. While it isfrustrating, it is down to the French to speed upthe issuing, not the MOD. The MOD forwards the applications to the French, but once its gone its out of their hands to influence.

I can assure you based on personal experience that there is no conspiracy, that the MOD isnt sitting around, but that its not in The MOds gift to fix.

Thanks, I'm aware that MOD merely pass the applications on, my gripe is not with a delay in being authorised the award, it's with what appears to be an nfi attitude in not bothering to acknowledge receipt of the initial e-application or a few further requests for that simple courtesy.

If your gripe in life is that you didnt get an automated 'thanks for your email' email, then that sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for :)

Use the power of ARRSE to get this guy his gong before Sunday!!
Or just use the RBL

Costco passed it to the Royal British Legion who found Mr Carter on Friday.

Good stuff. At least it gave others the chance to railroad the thread to whinge about their own issues

If your gripe in life is that you didnt get an automated 'thanks for your email' email, then that sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for :)
There are plenty more serious matters which cause me a mere fleeting concern, but the point I've laboured here is that I would appreciate an acknowledgement especially as we're not 'talking about' me but about a 93 yrs old parent who will not be around forever.
Automated reply upon receipt of application? That will do nicely sir, especially in the absence of any response from the actual real life individual human being personage to whom the queries by email have been sent.
I dunno, I'm just used to a "Thank you for your communication"
A sign that I'm old, I suppose, spent too long in jobs where you were expected to confirm receipt of communication. :pc: .........:sentemail:....... ......@.@

Good stuff. At least it gave others the chance to railroad the thread to whinge about their own issues
I was wary of off threading, though we're still on the Ld'H. If there's no reply to my whining then the thread doesn't get railroaded.
But then other people would be denied the 'justification' to post bitchy little comments would they.

I was wary of off threading, though we're still on the Ld'H. If there's no reply to my whining then the thread doesn't get railroaded.
But then other people would be denied the 'justification' to post bitchy little comments would they.
Well what else am I supposed to do instead of working? Work?

You sound like fun. I bet you're a right hoot at parties.

There are plenty more serious matters which cause me a mere fleeting concern, but the point I've laboured here is that I would appreciate an acknowledgement especially as we're not 'talking about' me but about a 93 yrs old parent who will not be around forever.
Automated reply upon receipt of application? That will do nicely sir, especially in the absence of any response from the actual real life individual human being personage to whom the queries by email have been sent.
I dunno, I'm just used to a "Thank you for your communication"
A sign that I'm old, I suppose, spent too long in jobs where you were expected to confirm receipt of communication. :pc: .........:sentemail:....... ......@.@
lyk dis if u cri evertim