Jordanion and Syrian Army in cross border contact

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by gizmo17, Aug 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AFV.s have been invovled in a exchange of fire while Syrian refugees attempted to cross into Jordan.

Jordan protecting refugees or taking advantage of Syria's troubles.

2. Link?

3. its being reported on Sky wait one

4. Not sure how much Jordan has got to gain from getting involved at this time.

5. Jordan may not have a choice if 'little willies' aid is to get in there.

6. Apparently defending refugees, no Jordanian caualties.

7. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I'm surprised that Jordan is letting any refugees in. The last time that they allowed refugees in on any scale the refugees caused more trouble than they were worth and made the neighbours nervous.

(Palestine and Israel)

8. Forty million won't go far. The Jordians are none too happy about it, place is flooded with refugees and they are a big source of instability all over the region. There are a lot of tribal links and the Syrian appear to be less despised than the Pals. Last I hard they were moving the Syrians out into camps in the desert.

9. Worked for the Australians. :)

10. Does either side have the logistical wherewithal to launch a serious military incursion on the other? I doubt it. Jordan is already creaking under the strain, and the last thing Syria needs is another heavy military commitment. This looks like the Syrians getting a bit trigger happy near the border, and the Jordanians sending them a diplomatic and high velocity 'watch what you're doing' back.