Joomla upgrade clanger

Anybody here use Joomla?

TSO has just nuked her website by trying to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.5 even with the warnings she read.....

Any sensible suggestions for the upgrade path to help with a quick rebuild in 2.5?

Anybody here use Joomla?

TSO has just nuked her website by trying to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.5 even with the warnings she read.....

Any sensible suggestions for the upgrade path to help with a quick rebuild in 2.5?
Oi! TSO (The Scarey One) is copyright of my missus and can only be used in the "How Bone Is Your Missus" thread.

Anyhoo, any joy?

Anybody here use Joomla?

You could try a PM to meridian … he originally set up the Sgt Slingsby and holidays4heroes websites with Joomla, although he's since migrated us to WordPress.

Anybody here use Joomla?

She did backup before updating using Akeeba or XCloner didn't she..?

Yup she has a complete back upo but she can't get her local machine to act as a server to use it.
Sounds like a job for WAMP to me (on the assumption she uses windows). Install that plus a local copy of Joomla and off you go .....

P.S Although we do use Joomla for some of our sites, I'm personally a big fan of Wordpress.

Sounds like a job for WAMP to me (on the assumption she uses windows). Install that plus a local copy of Joomla and off you go .....

P.S Although we do use Joomla for some of our sites, I'm personally a big fan of Wordpress.
Many thanks.

Called her in to read this and now she's pottered off back into her den to give it a whirl. BUT............. you have planted a seed called Wordpress. I hope I'm not going to end up with more sleepless nights while she works everything out and ponders at length about switching from Joomla. On the plus side, it keeps her out of mischief and gives me peace and quiet for most of the time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alloydog Gaming and Software 6
boney_m Royal Signals 40
polar Royal Signals 7