Jools Holland calls for greater recognition for troops.

"The important thing I want to stress is that this was not a political gesture. Soldiers simply do as they are told so those people who think war is a bad idea should be saying that to politicians, not soldiers.

"If you are against the war, that's fine – take it up with the politicians and vote them out – but I think you can't not support the troops."

Well said that man!

Very well put across from Jools, I didnt realize the Albert Hall was built by Wedgeheads (Where is the bar??)

Nice one Jools I met him in the Moat House Hotel and he's sharp as a tack, very quick witted pretty clued up all events worldwide....is'nt he married to one of the aristocracy ?

le_crabe_tambour said:
Nice one Jools I met him in the Moat House Hotel and he's sharp as a tack, very quick witted pretty clued up all events worldwide....is'nt he married to one of the aristocracy ?
Hmmm, ok, Moat House Hereford is it? What colour is it then? :?:

le_crabe_tambour said:
.................is'nt he married to one of the aristocracy ?
Ex wife of one but he's nearly Aristocracy himself now.

He received an OBE in 2003 in the Queen's Birthday Honours list, for services to the British music industry as a television presenter and musician. On 29 August 2005 Holland married Christabel McEwen, his girlfriend of fifteen years and the former wife of Edward Lambton, 7th Earl of Durham. The wedding at St James's Church, Cooling near Rochester, was attended by many celebrities, including Ringo Starr, Robbie Coltrane, Stephen Fry, Lenny Henry, Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders.

In September 2006 Holland was appointed a Deputy Lieutenant for Kent.He is also known for his charity work: in June 2006 he performed in Southend for HIV / AIDS charity Mildmay, and in early 2007 he performed at Wells and Rochester Cathedrals to raise money for maintaining cathedral buildings. He is also patron of the Drake Music Project - and has raised many thousands for the charity.

Jools Holland was appointed an Honorary Fellow of Canterbury Christ Church University at a ceremony held at Canterbury Cathedral on 30 January 2009.

Latest Threads