Jonestown Massacre & Cults

Having just watched a documentary about the Jonestown cult suicide, I'm amazed that such a thing happened. I'm interested in what people remember about this event from when it happened.

Cults are fascinating topic, always good for a discussion too.

If you've got 47 minutes to kill, here's a good documentary to watch:

Don't drink the Kool Aid!

Having just watched a documentary about the Jonestown cult suicide, I'm amazed that such a thing happened. I'm interested in what people remember about this event from when it happened.

Cults are fascinating topic, always good for a discussion too.

If you've got 47 minutes to kill, here's a good documentary to watch:

Don't drink the Kool Aid!

Saw that too......my comment to you BAP, would be stick to what you know best, as in, defending the muslamics - but don't let Harry near them.

Kirkz

LE
I'm disappointed.I was expecting a thread about this.

S

Spider39

51C-EuVfKUL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_[1].jpg

I've had this on my shelf for a few weeks and have yet to have the time to get stuck into it ,it looks good however .

I have little sympathy towards people who off themselves because their cult leader tells them to.

That said I've heard the audio tapes of the events at Jonestown & there was a lot of crying kids not wanting to join in the festivities & many people were shot for not complying with the lisping, Roy Orbisson lookalike.

Nitroxpuppy

War Hero
Shame we cant have an arrse suicide cult

The JW'w are a cult I think. They are setting a their UK HQ near Chelsmford, Essex. So as long they don't come knocking on my door like the Morons do, or Double Glazing salesmen, I will leave them alone....!!

Nitroxpuppy

War Hero
Im surprised that reply took a minute. Thesnail as my 2iC as its irritating the fcuk out of me.

The JW'w are a cult I think. They are setting a their UK HQ near Chelsmford, Essex. So as long they don't come knocking on my door like the Morons do, or Double Glazing salesmen, I will leave them alone....!!
You are the first (rank and file) nominee for @Nitroxpuppy 's new cult.

View attachment 220594

I've had this on my shelf for a few weeks and have yet to have the time to get stuck into it ,it looks good however .
Once you've read the book, have a look at some of the programs on YouTube to see actual footage from Jonestown and interviews with survivors and relatives of the dead. It's a striking story for numerous reasons. In some ways it is genuinely terrifying. I've had relatives join cults and it is scary sh!t.

If you're as fucking boring in real life as you are on here it'll be the Jehovahs shitting themselves when they see you coming...

I have little sympathy towards people who off themselves because their cult leader tells them to.

That said I've heard the audio tapes of the events at Jonestown & there was a lot of crying kids not wanting to join in the festivities & many people were shot for not complying with the lisping, Roy Orbisson lookalike.
Cults take people over. They brainwash them and while there may seem to be a willingness to submit to being dominated by the "Leader" and their principal aides and accepting their bidding, there are a whole number of weapons utilised by cults including both physical and mental coercion.

I have a friend who is a leading expert on cults and the things they do to people. In fact, he was on the TV recently giving expert advice in a program about cults.

The whole thing is a minefield. Cults aren't always frightened to take their detractors into court in their fight to keep doing what they do to people. Like many things, it's about power and money and cults will do almost anything including committing mass murder or inciting mass suicide to achieve their aims.

I just tell them I am Jewish, they sqerm a bit and leave quickly.

You only have to look at what the church of scientology does. Down right scary how they operate.
The church of Scientology have major form for litigation against anybody who publishes information that can be construed as derogatory in any way against them.

Researchers and advisors on cults are particularly wary of them when publishing or expressing their views because litigation as we all know can be a costly business.

Louis theroux has done a recent docu on them with the beeb hundreds of lawyers involved apparently.

There's one called "going clear" that did the rounds recently as well that was recieved well.

Latest Threads