Jolly for the lads

Discussion in 'Officers' started by dirk_digler, Oct 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. looking to put together a leadership devlopment course for young aspiring NCOs. anybody put on or taken part in a cheap, fun trip which meets this requirment? Currently planning a trip down to Havoc at HMS Raleigh and the helo dunk at Yeovil.

2. I have. Depends what you want to achieve I suppose, what Training Objectives are you trying to hit?

3. ability to handle higher levels of stress, increase your productivity, operate out of your comfort zone. Really it is for the juniors to get together in an unfamiliar enviornment with unfamiliar stresses for a bit of team building. What TOs would you suggest?

4. How about an Afghanistan tour?

5. If I was planning a map-reading course for aspiring navigators, I wouldn't be asking random strangers how to read a map.

6. Some sort of nav-ex like Long Reach?

7. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

HAVOC and Firefighting modules will certain put them out of their comfort zone, have physical and psychological pressure as well as testing
    leadership under pressure.

But then I'm an ex-Damage on an LPD so I would say that. Plus you can throw in a night out at the Royal Naval School of Dancing in Torpoint or the which ever similar dive there is in Dog Shit City

8. Escape and evasion exercise worked in my day. You could give the interrogation element a miss though.