Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Yehbutnobut, Jun 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know anything about Joint Venture 2008. Who will be taking part and who is taking the lead?
  2. No - but i was on it in 2006 at South Cerney. What a dick dance that was..............
  3. Pretty sure 30 Sigs has a big role.
  4. Bag of shit in 2006. And the RAF field kitchen was pap - when you're living 40 to a room, chilli or curry twice a day isn't the best menu to be putting on lads, cheers.

Should any of the Staff Officers who will be coming out to play this year happen to read this - can any of you who fancy just sitting reading a newspaper/watching TV/dozing off with your head on a laptop/whatever go back to your rooms and do it instead of staying in work and forcing the Signals lads to stay in until almost fucking midnight every night?

5. JV this year will have an interesting new component to it, so heads up! :D
  6. Cow

Cow LE

Oh what a shame... I won't have to go through this again. Bag of bollocks, very badly planned and nothing for the lads to do when not working. Units deploying need to take some sort of welfare package with them, either that or a Kidney dialysis machine.
  7. I was there in 2004. Possibly the most boring two weeks of my life...
  8. How long? 30SR was sat in South Cerney for six frigging weeks in 2006.
  9. South Cerney is a sh!t hole.
  10. I was only there for the main phase of the exercise, not the putting up or taking down. Unlucky!
  11. You taking the piss? Tish-boom.... :lol:
  12. PD great to see you are still alive the last one came to visit me down here in the antipodes and it was great to see a bunch of old mates and to be able to help them out with some wee problems. I belive you might get some info from CO 10 Sig Regt
  13. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

Pray tell, I'm one of the exercise planners, I'd hate to forget to put it in 8O

Air Component - check
    Land Component - check
    SF Component - check (must bring black maskers)
    Maritime Component - check
    Surprise Component - must remember :wink:
  14. To bend Tony's Blair's jingo slightly "integration, integration, integration".

Just been on a visit to CWID and they are having a good stab at integrating all the networks and systems into a single management system, with reasonable J6 visibility, unlike previous JVs' system of lots of different panicking J6 staff phoning the world and then all trying to update the Netcen's excel spreadsheet.

I was impressed, though a little surprised at how much it all costs. And how much they would need to roll it out on JV.

Hey C'n'T - good to hear from you too. I'm not on JV this year - too busy training people at your old place. :D
  15. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

Never thought to ask if you were going PD, visited this week too!

you mean XX, the name escapes me, for "enterprise" network management. Like the idea of it - will be a bonus for Netcen. Quite amazed that something to handle SNMP traps hasn't been deployed before now. Then again, no I'm not!