Joint the TA - Work Issues

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by **CuNnInG StUnT **, Jan 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello All,

Pondering at joining the TA and was wondering ;

1) Was anyone met with any resistance from work when you told them you wanted to join ?

2) In your opinion does joining effect your career progression . I.e promotion prospects etc ....

Much obliged !
  2. It depends on your employer, a small organisation would likely not stand it. Use the search it's been asked times many.
  3. Oh dear - title should read 'Joining the TA ' - haven't had my ready brek yet ....
  4. Thanks Jarrod , apologies , I'll have more of a goose now ....

5. Whether or not the answers are of any practical use to you is quite another matter. Apart from the odd brochure and some vague motherhood statements there's very little in there that will actually change the average bosses mind. They are good for spelling out exactly what the obligations are on either side, but they then spoil it by being decidedly coy about the fact that these days people are only mobilised if they ask to be. Too many have glossed over this point in the past and employers are decidedly wary as a result.

Bottom line is you need to talk to work and ask. If they are not supportive then regrettably you either jack in the TA or get a new job.