Joint Service Stable Belt

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by StudentGrant, Aug 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having just received a posting order to my next unit I have been informed that it is tri-service and that we need to wear the Joint Service Stable Belt. Any idea what it looks like and where I can get one?

Thanks

PS I have already asked and the unit doesn't have a PRI and its a new job so I cannot inherit it from the guy I am taking over from.

2. Its probably Purple! :D

3. where is it that you arte posted to as i do know of a specific stable belt for a joint service unit

4. My Unit PRI sells them, PM me.

5. StudentGrant,

Before you trot out and spend all your hard earned cash on a new Stable Belt, it may be worth checking if you need one.

Generally, the higher ranking Officers in the HQ DCCIS wear the tri service belt, but us mere mortals (including the Officers) around and about Blandford Garrison wear our own Corps or Arm stable belt.

Might be worth checking before you spend a few bob.

6. Fcuk me, you must be the font of all knowledge if you can work out from his question that he is posted to Blandford!

What if he is posted to a JSSU unit?

7. When did JSSU start having a tri-service stable belt then?

8. Doh, When it became Joint Service Signal Unit perhaps.

9. D'oh, news to me, given that I was there at the form-up and more than a couple of times since :D

Seriously, wasn't tryin to be a cnut mate, honestly not aware that they wear one. Hey, I'll find out next week when I'm back I guess!

Not a spec op are yer? :D

10. Am I fcuk! I'm a proper trade.

Blandford is not a JSSU.

Apparently it is a Joint Service Training establishment.

11. Would a radio operator of the Spanish persuasion be a spic op?

13. Doh, When it became Joint Service Signal Unit perhaps.[/quote]

D'oh, news to me, given that I was there at the form-up and more than a couple of times since :D

Seriously, wasn't tryin to be a cnut mate, honestly not aware that they wear one. Hey, I'll find out next week when I'm back I guess!

Not a spec op are yer? :D[/quote]

Am I fcuk! I'm a proper trade.

Blandford is not a JSSU.

Apparently it is a Joint Service Training establishment.[/quote]

I'm not on about Blandford.

What exactly do you mean by a proper trade ? ( Any answer other than ex-EWOP is incorrect :D)

14. D'oh, news to me, given that I was there at the form-up and more than a couple of times since :D

Not a spec op are yer? :D[/quote]

Am I fcuk! I'm a proper trade.

Blandford is not a JSSU.

Apparently it is a Joint Service Training establishment.[/quote]

I'm not on about Blandford.

What exactly do you mean by a proper trade ? ( Any answer other than ex-EWOP is incorrect :D)[/quote]

Probably before your time but I'm a combat trade.

Pick any from Combat powerman, DE, ED, or R Sigs Elec.

15. What exactly do you mean by a proper trade ? ( Any answer other than ex-EWOP is incorrect :D)[/quote]

Probably before your time but I'm a combat trade.

Pick any from Combat powerman, DE, ED, or R Sigs Elec.[/quote]

:D Why would you assume it's before my time? I remember the "combat" trades very well. Had oodles of them on my detties who weren't very "combat" at all :D

Waits for the Shiny-arse comeback:D