Joint Service stable belt

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by General Melchett, May 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Shocking but true, I saw one today. Had to check it wasn't an elaborate late April fools.

Joint Service stable belt. An awful thing.

Navy Blue, Scarlet and RAF blue with a silver clasp type buckle featuring the rather pants JS crest.

What is the world coming to. It'll be a joint service cap badge soon and purple berets.
  2. Mauve berets actually. Purple would be silly.
  3. I must say - that Avatar of yours is rather charming.
  4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Likewise, you must be my long lost brother McMelchett.
  5. I've seen it too - but why would you want to wear one? Surely they can't make you buy one. If those who do wear one buy it themselves - clearly more money than sense!
  6. Mainly worn by RAF officers at Northwood due to the fact that only RAF Regt Officers are allowed to wear RAF Stable belt in 95. So not to be left out (multi-coloured army ones) the others wear the Joint one.
  7. Look at JACIG, they've been wearing the stable belt for years.
  8. Headquarters British Forces Cyprus since '99.
  9. Errr incorrect I'm afraid.

AP1358 (Dress Regs for the RAF) allows the wearing of an issue pattern stable belt of the patten available from NAAFI's for all personnel if they so wish whilst wearing No.3 uniform (CS95) except in deployed locations.

Those RAF officers you see at Northwood wearing the JS stable belt are wearing them because they are PJHQ personnel I believe and as such are entitiled to wear them, along with the PJHQ TF patch, as are the Army and Navy personnel so employed.

BTW, RAF Regiment (and RAFP) wear their own pattern of stable belt, same colours as the standard RAF one but with the RAF Regt (or RAFP) badge on the buckle. The RAF was going to issue a stable belt as an scaled item but they decided that considering aircraft squadrons were being disbanded due to cost then perhaps buying some pretty belts might not go down too well.
  10. Ask Paul Hellyer. Joint services, just a pre-cursor to unification. It's the way ahead, just look at the Canadian Forces 37 years later.
  11. Shudder.

Although we all joke about the amount of 'purple' creeping into are respective daily lives I don't believe we'll ever see the 3 services combined into one big cake and arse party service. There'll be more jointery obviously but not the establishment of a single British Defence Force.
  12. Aren't the BDF a loyalist paramilitary group? :?