Joining

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by jamjar11, Jun 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hope this is in the right forum!

I would like to join the Army but I would love to join an infantry regiment.
    Problem is my dad, He is 100% against me joining
    Any help

Thanks

2. When you're 18 you can do as you like.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes I know that but would you have any tips on persuading him? haha

4. How old is your Dad?

5. Haha, Nah Happily Married he is!;) Hes 42 don't see how that matters?

6. Tell him you're joining. If he doesn't like it, tough shit.

7. I do intend to join! Just would prefer to have it with his approval

8. Genuine advice here. **** what your Dad says. Seriously. It's your life, and if you want to join, join. It's the best thing you'll ever do, and if your Dad doesn't like it, he can sit and enjoy his shit life whilst you have the best years of your life.

Why doesn't he want you to join?

9. Genuine advice here. **** what your Dad says. Seriously. It's your life, and if you want to join, join. It's the best thing you'll ever do, and if your Dad doesn't like it, he can sit and enjoy his shit life whilst you have the best years of your life.

Why doesn't he want you to join?

*Edit*

Ahh. I see where you are from. Well, if he's going to be a sectarian quim about things, then the best thing you can do is join and get the hell away from that medieval way of thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Must not insult people on joining thread - infractions....

Must not insult people on joining thread - infractions....

Must not insult people on joining thread - infractions....

11. Since we're from the lovely land of Northern Ireland he thinks that I'll be a "brit" ect.

12. Err, you are already are. Last time I checked, Norn Iron is part of the UK.

Obviously you are Irish too, Good Friday and all that good stuff. :)

13. No I'm not actually Dad is very Loyalist actually he just doesn't want me joining the British War Machine to die "for no reason due to the governments poor decisions "

14. Poor decisions by our rulers aside, you're statistically much more likely to die in an RTA or a drinking mishap than on Ops now that TELIC/HERRICK have wound down. You can follow his argument through to conclusion and say you shouldn't be a window cleaner because you might fall from a ladder, shouldn't work in an office because you might die in a fatal stapler accident etc etc.

15. He's aware we don't all die as soon as we leave training, right? It's not the Western Front!

• Like Like x 1