Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello Arrse people, was wondering if anyone could help me. I tried to join the army at 16 (roughly a year ago now) went through the application process, did all the runs and interviews etc. Eventually i cancelled my application to join because i couldn't pass the interview and get sent to selection.

Now a year later, i want to join again, but do it all properly and hopefully actually get in. Problem is, when i went to the Careers office the other day, they said because i wasn't motivated enough first time round they needed to ask the Office Manager if i could apply again, and that they would ring me at 2pm that day to tell me if i could or not. Its three days later and they haven't rung. So it seems i can't even apply at all now. Can anyone give me any helpful info on what i can do? im planning on waiting till im 18 but i dont want to go back there and the same thing happen, seems like the door has just been shut on me.

Im not moaning or anything, i know its my fault and i should of done better first time round, but now that im much better prepared to get in and seems like i cant. If anyone can give me any advice would greatly appreciate it, thanks

2. I would suggest that you call again, this might show some motivation instead of just waiting on them to contact you!

3. Get your ARRSE back down the AFCO and and ask them again.

4. This is by far the best idea! To be fair mate, you should've rung that same day, then the next day and kept ringing until you had a definitive answer.

Good Luck!

5. If they carry on being cnuts with you, just try a different AFCO.

6. Simple mistake. When I was 16 I didn't even have the balls to turn up to the AFCO. So fair enough for him trying again.

go back to the afco (smartly dressed) and say you want an answer. I had so much done for me when I went in complaining saying its a disgrace etc. Just walk in there. Sod calling, they ll just **** you off.

But don't be fuking them around this time.

7. They're not being "cnuts" with him, they're showing him what it's like to be messed around the way that he did to them the 1st time he applied and wasted their time. If he really wants to join he'll go back, take all the sh1t from them and crack on, not try another AFCO because the nasty man at the last AFCO wasn't nice to him.

8. just go back into the office stuff phoning...if you go in then i think youl get a definate answer mate...good luck AND DONT FCUK THEM ABOUT THIS TIME :p

9. To be honest there really shouldn't be a need for this thread,

You should have called at 4pm on that day to find out the answer, when they told me they was going to give me a call at a certen time if they where 2 hours over i'd phone them, not only do you get the answers you want on that day but shows them you are not the type of person who is just going to sit about waiting for people to contact you.

10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

The mong is strong in this one.

Lets pretend he does exactly what you suggest. How long do you think it will be before a recruiting Sgt with half a brain works out that this bloke has applied before and how long do you think it will be before said Sgt gets on the horn to the original AFCO? That's right, nanoseconds. Finally, how long do you think it will be before the nasty Sgt removes the spotty youth with his size nine?

If you carry on being being a cnut with this thread, try a different website.

11. Damn you got there before me, all records are on the system so it doesnt matter where you go your on there with just a search of your DOB and name. However some good advice from those who have said go back in smartly dressed and explain why you have previously stopped going through the process. The Senior Recruiter may make the final decision but as long as you havent totally messed them around first time round and you give them a promise that youll keep in full contact with them then there shouldnt be a problem if you meet all the required eligability requirements. Good spot on tea2sugars aswell Forastero must be a mong if he didnt call him self NATO instead

12. "Hello Arrse people, was wondering if anyone could help me. I tried to join the army at 16 (roughly a year ago now) went through the application process, did all the runs and interviews etc. Eventually i cancelled my application to join because i couldn't pass the interview and get sent to selection."

Does not make sense you done the interview then had to cancel cause you could not pass the the interview eh??????????

13. Yeah i tried it a few times, then kept doing it wrong and forgetting everything i needed to know such as my Icebreaker etc, so i pulled out the application process after trying it a few times as obviously i just wasn't ready to join at the time. Anyways thanks for the advice, i'm going up the Careers office tomorrow, if i get turned down such as life.

14. Out of interest what are you trying to join?

15. Because i have no formal qualifications, no work experience, generally going nowhere in my life and not content with working in Mcdonalds, friends are all bums who take drugs and most of my family are yobs and i dont want to turn out like them. To be honest id rather die than live like that, i want a decent career. Plus i've wanted to join the Army since i was a kid, see the world do lots of interesting things that i couldn't do serving people fries and burgers. Just a great lifestyle i think. Feel free to laugh