Joining your regiment/battalion

upon joining your regiment or battalion are you allowed motorbikes on base ? or is it only cars allowed. i ask this as i do not have a car licence but have a full uk bike licence. i`m joining 9/12L and i`m aware by the time i join them they will be based at catterick so i`m unsure weather you get taught to drive upon joining them. and i was thinking bringing my bike if allowed when i get weekends of i could use it to get back down to leicester and/or go findin the lush roads that are up north for bikes.

sorry if about the wah question :)

Ash

Usually on camps theres a specific parking area and it wont be any where close to your accomodation. The secure bit is armed guards at the gate not at the car park :). Its probably 5% more secure than at Tesco's. You park at owners risk, saying that everyone else will be so dont sweat about it.

Last time I was in Bovvy (2007), there was a parking area for phase 2 recruits, I would assume it is still there. As for your car licence, you will get that in Phase 2 training.

main worry is parking a bike worth a good 3-4k in which ppl could easily lift into a truck etc. if its inside the base then i wouldnt have any worrys its if its outside the base

Don't worry about the 5h!te here mate, bikes are allowed on camp no probs, most units provide parking v near your accompdation and if not, considering it's a bike and if your clever about it, you should be able to park nr accomodation once your in your working unit. Phase 2 is slightly dif but your still allowed your vehicle on camp. As mentioned above though, your bike will not be allowed on camp until you can prove your taxed, MOT'd and insured. Take docs with you and Present when you get to phase 2 (you'll be asked to prove when applying for a 'pass').

FYI all weekends are your own unless on ex, ops, stag or you have been naughty. As for moving up North, I'll see you in the Winter of this year hopefully

Asherz said:
should be seeing me indeed. just gota dig deep and get through basic and phase 2
You aint even passed out an your worrying about taking your bike!!!!!!!!!!!! passout first mate before you start thinking about taking your bike.

Asherz said:
nothing wrong with having plans set out
nope there isnt mate dont listen to them your planning your future better then leaving it to the last minute

Asherz said:
i thought army looked for forward thinking people. get as much sorted = less to flap about
What cap badge you joing? and if its RA you'll be going larkhill and aparently they are having harsh locker inspections every tuesday and thursday.

Oh and you will still have to march everywhere, i'll be up there soon so be prepared to brace upto me when you march past if you go there. LOL

andyhud said:
Asherz said:
i thought army looked for forward thinking people. get as much sorted = less to flap about
What cap badge you joing? and if its RA you'll be going larkhill and aparently they are having harsh locker inspections every tuesday and thursday.

Oh and you will still have to march everywhere, i'll be up there soon so be prepared to brace upto me when you march past if you go there. LOL
8O

young_lofty said:
andyhud said:
Asherz said:

8O
?????????????????????[align=left]

At one camp I was at, there was a spate of thefts from cars, so the CO made everyone stay up every night on guard until it stopped.

At another camp we went away for a while, one of the guys left his car in the camp car park. They needed to move all the cars out of the car park for some reason. He came back to find his car in another car park with two big holes in the side of the car. They had used a forklift to move the car and the driver had missed judged the height of the forks. He didn't get any compensation for it either.

andyhud said:
young_lofty said:
andyhud said:
Asherz said:

8O
?????????????????????[align=left]
I suppose I should have been clearer. I was just baffled as to why you went waffling on about Larkhill, with a healthy dose of 'apparently' thrown in for good measure, when he clearly stated in his first post he is joining 9th/ 12th Lancers, and will therefore be attending phase 2 at Bovington.

tbh theres not much of value to steal from my bike unless you take a tool kit to take all parts of value off. with getting my car licence at phase 2 i`m thinking by the time i get my licence in phase 2 i should have a good wod of cash in my bank so may just keep the bike at home in leicester and use the car.

the story of thefts from cars is a bit wrong tbh...as you would think people who work for the same army and work alongside each other in difficult situations would have more respect for someone.....

Asherz, to a point you are right "most" soldiers will raise the values and standards but there remains a few opportunists who will steal anything not nailed down or damage things when drunk and so on.

Your bike will be safe but treat it like your parking down the town centre and you will be fine. Try not to worry about it and start looking forward to phase 2 :)

Latest Threads