joining, wives and employers reaction

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by trg78, Feb 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All i.m thinking of joining, but after mentioning it to my fiance she's gone ballistic, did any of you guys have problems when you were in the same position?

also, how did you go about approaching your employers?

2. Just tell 'em. Nothing they can do really.

As for your wife, just bend her over and pop one up the arrse.
  3. Fiance, right? Sack her....! You'll soon be up to your eyeballs in potential replacements.... Post her photo and details on here and, if she has long legs, PTP will be there like a rat up a drainpipe.... Insert multiple smilies here....

Just hand in your notice after checking your conditions of employment, but make certain that you have received the proper notification from the Army with a reporting date! Give the company 30 day's notice and they can't do anything. Then take a few days off to sort out your life before starting training! The company will know as soon as the Army takes up your references, though, so mention it to your boss first!

Seriously, though, if your fiance is not happy with your choice of future career, and she is your fiance for a good reason (and one might hope that there are more reasons than just one good one), don't even think of joining the Army.

If you read the many threads on here, you will see that only the strongest relationships survive one partner joining up. Basic and initial training are hard work and you will be moved around the country at very short notice for the first 12-18 months.

4. Most Ta units invite employers to come and look at what the TA is like, there is also a number of dvds and booklets that you can pick up from the TA which are aimed at employers. Once your employer looks at them i am sure he will more receptive to your wish to join the TA.
  5. The same degree of effort is not expended on fiancees or families.