Joining with spent convictions

Hi all,

I have spent drug convictions for possession with intent to supply class a substances, I am currently in the application process, I was wonder how this would affect me and going forward if I made to AC. I received a 2 year suspended sentence for 2 years which is spent this summer gone.
I understand this a serious offence, I have a clean record since then and would like to make a positive change in my life. Any advice is appreciated

Thanks PRM-Pav

There are defined time limits after you have finished a sentence at which a conviction is deemed to be 'spent'. Basically, the longer the sentence you received the greater the time limit until it no longer counts against you. As @devexwarrior said, speak with your recruiter and be completely honest - because it will bite you in the arrse severely if you mange to hide things during recruitment but are then subsequently found out. If you are dead set on a military career you may have to wait for a bit. Good luck though and be positive about it!!

Last edited:

Toppet

Old-Salt
Hi all,

I have spent drug convictions for possession with intent to supply class a substances, I am currently in the application process, I was wonder how this would affect me and going forward if I made to AC. I received a 2 year suspended sentence for 2 years which is spent this summer gone.
I understand this a serious offence, I have a clean record since then and would like to make a positive change in my life. Any advice is appreciated

Thanks PRM-Pav
Dont just limit yourself to the Army. JP Morgan: Why JPMorgan Chase Wants to Give More Former Criminals a Second Chance – Fortune

Last edited:
Thank you snake charmer, I was under the impression my conviction was spent, I have updated my information, and requested another mod form, I will still be proceeding with my application, just waiting to speak to my recruiter, still have good hopes just hard to keep positive after being pushed back so much for my convictions but it's understandable.
Thank for the information guys.

Latest Threads