Joining with record and possible charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to sign up for fabricator in army, im 21 basically qualified with nvq 2 and 3 in fabrication & welding, i have one caution on my record for assault, and i'm currently on bail for drunk driving possible aggrivated drunk driving, it will probably goto court, dunno what sentence i'll get but either way i have a criminal record, what are the chances of enlisting for this job with this type of record?

Put everything off until after your sentencing has been completed.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I want to sign up for fabricator in army, im 21 basically qualified with nvq 2 and 3 in fabrication & welding, i have one caution on my record for assault, and i'm currently on bail for drunk driving possible aggrivated drunk driving, it will probably goto court, dunno what sentence i'll get but either way i have a criminal record, what are the chances of enlisting for this job with this type of record?
Get a good solicitor and plug some KY jelly it'll be easier that way.

Is it a good record?

My favourite record is Fantastic by Wham. I've got it on LP as well as tape.

set of funny c**ts eh, nevermind i'll ask a career officer, cheers
I find that really hurtful. We've tried our hardest to help you, because we can see the value of having someone as law-abiding as you within the ranks of the Army, and you come back with something like that?

It's really out of order. Please apologise.

i appreciate your answer zero over, i came here for an answer not criticism or bad jokes. thanks
Actually Zero Over gave you the spot on answer First reply

"Put everything off until after your sentencing has been completed. "

You cant do anything until you have been sentenced then you have to go to see your recruiter....with this type of Unspent conviction they will more than likely speak with the RG Caseworker after following guidelines from the 493 Rehabilitation of offenders Act after your sentencing.

Put everything off until after your sentencing has been completed.
I'm having my Mars Bar back, you clearly posted something sensible outside the given time.

I'm having my Mars Bar back, you clearly posted something sensible outside the given time.
Bugger! I can't help it, sometimes I know the real answers to questions!

You sound like just the chap we need in the British Army. Discipline, a fighting spirit and the ability to weld. Not to mention good judgement.

I just hope i have'nt blown my chances from stupid reckless mistakes. I was going to go careers office today but guess you guys have saved me some time, going to wait untill this case is over with. Does any one know what demand is like for a welder or fabricator in RE, i know wait times are massive at the moment and people are even being laid off though. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.