Joining with no work experience...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by jadums, May 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, thinking about joining the army... I don't have much qualifications i went to college for 1 year done NQ in computer technology. I've never had a job and im 22 years of age, i have just started looking for a job the last couple of years but found it hard, I dont really wanna apply for the army saying ive never had a job in my life or contributed any tax at the age of 22, PS I am interested in joining the infantry.

2. Use the stickies and go to a careers office.

3. Nice attempt at wind up but must try harder.

4. this is not a windup, this is a genuine concern... The interviewer might think, "oh he cant get a job, what makes him think he is army material if he cant find a job"

5. Get a job then.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Read some of THE_IRON's posts, or PM him.

I joined the Army at 18 after my YTS experiences. If you want something enough, you can do it.

Yes, I still told people where to eff right off then as well.

7. And still no-one takes any notice of you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wah shield on:

9. its a bit hard handing a CV out with only my name and address on it, someone give me a job ?:)

10. I have to do everythiing myself around here don't I?

PM me with stuff and I will attempt to make it up for you.

Tell anyone I was helpful, and you will be in my bad books. You really don't want that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don't try me.

Cheers fella.

Oy, Duty Dog, put her name in my "Oh come on" book.

12. Poor kid. He doesn't know what he's in for.

There's Whelk. There's Danger Whelk.

And there's SLUGGO!

13. I'm trying to help.

The majority of the fellas have kept me awake all night talking shit and it's not like I am new to this Army stuff.

So **** off. xxxx

I could hurt you. Really badly.

Would you like that? Would you? Ever heard of the Sugababes?

14. If you join your local TA unit, and stick in at it, the staff at the recruiting office will take your application more seriously. The TA often lose men to the Regs cos they want it for real instead of a paid hobby. Remember, the Army is not a job, it's a way of life.

Good luck.

15. Honey you could only hurt me by being nice to me.

As for talking all night ... Gercha! Most wimmin can talk the hind leg of a friggin rockin 'orse let alone that nag you keep in the freezer.

From now on I will call you by an old Indian (wigwam, not corner shop) name: Three Horses!

(Nag, nag, nag).