Joining with no work experience...

Hey guys, thinking about joining the army... I don't have much qualifications i went to college for 1 year done NQ in computer technology. I've never had a job and im 22 years of age, i have just started looking for a job the last couple of years but found it hard, I dont really wanna apply for the army saying ive never had a job in my life or contributed any tax at the age of 22, PS I am interested in joining the infantry.

Hey guys, thinking about joining the army... I don't have much qualifications i went to college for 1 year done NQ in computer technology. I've never had a job and im 22 years of age, i have just started looking for a job the last couple of years but found it hard, I dont really wanna apply for the army saying ive never had a job in my life or contributed any tax at the age of 22, PS I am interested in joining the infantry.
Nice attempt at wind up but must try harder.

this is not a windup, this is a genuine concern... The interviewer might think, "oh he cant get a job, what makes him think he is army material if he cant find a job"

Read some of THE_IRON's posts, or PM him.

I joined the Army at 18 after my YTS experiences. If you want something enough, you can do it.

Yes, I still told people where to eff right off then as well.

this is not a windup, this is a genuine concern... The interviewer might think, "oh he cant get a job, what makes him think he is army material if he cant find a job"
Wah shield on:

[video=youtube;UV6nLXUTfHE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV6nLXUTfHE[/video]

its a bit hard handing a CV out with only my name and address on it, someone give me a job ?:)
I have to do everythiing myself around here don't I?

PM me with stuff and I will attempt to make it up for you.

Tell anyone I was helpful, and you will be in my bad books. You really don't want that.

Poor kid. He doesn't know what he's in for.

There's Whelk. There's Danger Whelk.

And there's SLUGGO!

Poor kid. He doesn't know what he's in for.

There's Whelk. There's Danger Whelk.

And there's SLUGGO!
I'm trying to help.

The majority of the fellas have kept me awake all night talking shit and it's not like I am new to this Army stuff.

So **** off. xxxx

I could hurt you. Really badly.

Would you like that? Would you? Ever heard of the Sugababes?

If you join your local TA unit, and stick in at it, the staff at the recruiting office will take your application more seriously. The TA often lose men to the Regs cos they want it for real instead of a paid hobby. Remember, the Army is not a job, it's a way of life.

Good luck.

I'm trying to help.

The majority of the fellas have kept me awake all night talking shit and it's not like I am new to this Army stuff.

So **** off. xxxx

I could hurt you. Really badly.

Would you like that? Would you? Ever heard of the Sugababes?
Honey you could only hurt me by being nice to me.

As for talking all night ... Gercha! Most wimmin can talk the hind leg of a friggin rockin 'orse let alone that nag you keep in the freezer.

From now on I will call you by an old Indian (wigwam, not corner shop) name: Three Horses!

(Nag, nag, nag).

Confidence, maturity, team skills, Integrity, motivation and putting 100% in your application are far more important than work experience...show your commitment and motivation through the process and hopefully you will do enough to pass.

Look at the stickies and look on the official Army web site then go to your local ACIO/AFCO.

How times have changed, it's not that long ago all it took to join the army was a pulse. Thank god. Otherwise i'd probably still be unemployed.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
its a bit hard handing a CV out with only my name and address on it, someone give me a job ?:)
General CV advice for if you don't get in the Army...

Do unpaid volunteer work - that way your CV can say something like:

June 2010 - Date: Bloggs Charity Shop

Worked 3 afternoons a week to give something back to the community. Experienced in serving customers, keeping stock in good order and arranging window displays.

Then your CV won't be blank - it'll have work experience in it. It makes a much better impression on potential employers - although you can't get a job, it shows you are willing to work.

Wordsmith

In a similar boat myself, been self employed since my apprenticeship. Just wondering if I join as a carpenter and pass the required trade test, how long will it be until its reflected in my pay? Any help appreciated

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
If you belong to a sports club - even if you just run out with the local pub 5-a-side, volunteer to be on the committee, and stick that on your CV too.

Higlight skills like team-working, administrative skills, and the fact that you are in a position of responsibility.

Latest Threads