Joining with criminal record

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by hetfield, Jun 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Unfortunately I recently acquired a criminal record for threatening to cause criminal damage and criminal damage.

I'm thinking of rejoining the TA in the next couple of months, would my conviction have any effect on my application?

Many thanks.

2. When I joined in the 80s a criminal record was extremely frowned upon. Many people werent permitted to apply to join if they had a criminal record. Given the large number of law abiding citizens applying to join the army, I would suggest you put the army out of your career choices, and perfect stealing things instead.

YOU THIEVING ****

3. I didnt steal anything :/

4. You are still a ****, a **** that damages things. Who would want to serve with someone who damages things?

5. We are about to engage the enemy, oh **** some **** has damaged our equipment, I bet it was done by some equipment damaging ****, that had prior in civvy street.

6. Are you in the SIB?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

After Passing P coy, we were allowed record players in the block, one lad had Gilbert o Sullivan 45.s now thats a criminal record, Boom Tish,

• Like Like x 1
  8. PRT, Im not sure if my operating system does 1978

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wow!

No chance of a serious answer tonight?

10. I've had a bit of trouble with the police, and by the fact I'll be on selection by the end of next month, and by what my recruiter's told me, it doesn't seem to make an awful lot of difference. I've got a criminal damage in there somewhere too. BC, on your period is it?

11. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

A serious answer, ok you dont seem really commited as you got a CR for only threatening rather than doing, so are you threatening to join the TA or actually do it, or just a thought. x

12. Sorry Hetfield, I always try to deliver, with a criminal record, approach your recruitment office and be honest, GOOD LUCK

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sound mate, thats a relief to hear. Was much said about your record when you declared it?

14. Or any other night I should think dear.

In seriousness, I think it would depend on the severity of the crime and whether or not the conviction was spent. I definitely know some gents who were not choirboys before joining up - most have said at some stage or another that joining the Army was the making of them.

Best place to ask would be your local careers office. Good luck.

15. I thought I was pretty clear but I got done for threatening to cause criminal damage and then actually following through and doing it