Joining when I get back

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by A_STAB, Jul 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning boys,

Hoping someone can shed some light on an issue I'm having.

I am planning on going to Australia and working/traveling for a year. I intend to join the army as a regular officer when I return, however I will be approaching the 26 mark at that time.

So my question is, is there any work I can do before I go that will help speed up the joining process when I return? Can I pass AOSB and defer for a year ?

Thanks in advance

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  2. Yes you can.

3. Thanks

So I should go ahead and apply through the website as an officer and get the ball rolling?

At what point should tell them I would like my application differed ?

4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

It really doesn't matter! If you do well at Briefing you will be asked when you want to enter Sandhurst but you aren't held to it if you subsequently pass Main Board. In theory, a Main Board pass is valid for up to 5 years depending on age, so when you pass, tell your 'Candidate Support Manager' and the OCAC at RMAS when you want to enter and they should sort it out for you. You will not be looked down on because you want to go travelling before entering RMAS.
    • Like Like x 1