Joining when driving ban is up?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by rd18m, May 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am interested in applying for the Royal Engineers but have a driving ban which is up in August. I know that it prevents me from applying until it is finished but am wondering if it will stop me from hopefully joining once it has finished.

2. If you have a fully clean licence from August it wont be a problem, majority of jobs now...including infantry you require to be able to drive so stay out of trouble once you have a clean bill of health.
  3. Thanks for the reply. It is my only conviction and have been getting myself fit as possible, also been doing some fundraising/charity work. Hopefully show that I know I made a mistake and want to turn myself around. Going to pop in AFCO in August and hopefully start to get the ball rolling.
  4. I was given a two year driving ban so was unable to join until i had it back. However my recruiter allowed me to begin my application 1/2 months before my ban ended, im going for ammo tech but i suppose it depends on your job choice