joining up

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by cheza, Jun 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im female been with my boyfriend for 3 years.want to join the boyf says if i join we are over. what do i do can anyone help me please???
  2. oh dear.......
  3. thanks. what i really wanna know is it worth losing a relationship is the army as good as i think it will be??
  4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

On the bare facts as you've stated them, bin him; you're better off without a selfish git like that hanging round your neck like a millstone.
  5. I think that's something only you can decide on your own.

However, consider this, the chances of you and your bloke still being together in 4-5 years times is quite slim if you're the average young couple. You've also got to take in to account what's going to make you happy, both now and in the future. Where do your beliefs and aspirations lie?

IMPO, I'd never let a relationship get in the way of such a life changing and important decision, but that's just me :lol:

Good luck with whatever you choose.
  6. you know what guys you havent heard the rest he is 40 years old and i am 24.the age is not a problem the problem is he was a royal marine for 16 years and is a recruiting saregent for the army at prsent is that double standards or what?
  7. Sounds a bit unreasonable... Are you sure he's not just using it as an excuse?

Do you give good head? If so you've got nothing to worry about.

People usually have to pay for this kind of advice you know...

Glad to have helped.
  8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

He was Royal Marine but now he's a recruiting sergeant for the Army? Very odd.

Anyway, bin him: you don't want to spend the best years of your life bringing him his cocoa and slippers while he wets himself in his rocking chair and dribbles down his acrylic cardie.
  9. dont get me wrong im no jeremy kyle.

but being a man and telling your mates your bird is in the army, makes you look like a tw@t. not at all a sexist comment by the way

what i mean is, him being a man and letting his wifey go off and fight doesnt make him feel manly.

plus theres the fact that you will be among fine, good looking, strapping young men *cough* such as myself and this may make him feel jealous.
  10. Your going to be making very close friends as you join up becuase of the experiences you share during training. You will increasingly dig into service life once in the field Army as we work hard play hard. You will need a relationship based on trust to survive and a partner willing to get involved with your mates who will mostly be male without kicking off becuase of the green eyed monster (happens to us all).

Of course you will have to repay that trust otherwise it will be tears.

Joining up changes your life in every way, your relationship now will not be the same when you finish basic, you will not view everyone as you did before once you become a serving soldier.
  11. Man alot of friends i know go through this type of crisis when it comes to getting on the university train, then living away from each other long periods. But you need to straighten that man of yours out err....sister.

Its your life, go ahead and do whatever the hell you want. If you dont do it now youll regret it later on and wish youd tried it while you were young.

For instance you could end up stuck at home with a baby in a couple of years, when you could be getting your first exciting posting, how would that make you feel?

You could try bringing him round slowly to the idea though, like dont you get perks as a live-in couple in the forces???