Joining up....

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by sarahjayne, Mar 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I know there are a lot of topics with the same question on but im new to this site and cant seem to find anything :)

I am currently looking to join the army and then hopefully go onto the RMP's - does anyone have any advice on this? Any specifics i am going to be asked in the interview? What the basic training and phase 2 is like? (i have submitted my application as i have been told there is a min wait of 3 months for the app to go through)

I have started my training to get fit for the army, but i think im going to struggle on the interview as i always get tongue tied!

Any help would be great :)
  2. Job Info

Just keep your training up and keep researching you'll be fine.
    Have you done your Barb test yet? you'll do that before you have an interview.
  3. Also, you're looking at a 9 month wait after selection for RMP (atm anyway)
  4. If you do some good and consistent training, with all that waiting, by the time you get to phase 1 (and recruit selection) you should seriously impress the instructors!
  5. Not done a BARB test yet - is this the literacy/numeracy tests you need to do?
  6. From what i remember its a simple multi-'guess' test.

Pick the odd one out of 4 words, simple maths etc. If you have your GCSEs especially C and above its nothing to worry about pretty simple :)
  7. ah seems simple enough! thanks for the advice! lets hope i get in!!
  8. The Barb test is separate from the literacy and numeracy test you do additional to the Barb. When you book your Barb test your recruiter will give you a booklet which gives you examples of the test, its very very basic so dont fret too much about it.
  9. ah ok, the thing im most worried about is the interview - im rubbish at them! Can never answer the questions like i want to - like whats your motivation for applying! it comes out in babble! I think ill do fine in the tests - i got 9 GCSE's all C and above - just need to keep with the training and work on interview techniques!
  10. If you've got 9 GCSEs all C and above, I wouldn't be surprised if your recruiters encourage you to go and get some A Levels and maybe apply for an Officer. But whatever happens, make sure it's what you want to do, not what the recruiters want you to do
  11. Your recruiter should also give you a sheet with info to know for your interview, so you can go over it and prepare for the interview that way you'll be ok, practise makes perfect ;)
  12. BARB is not a test. However I met a lad who failed it 4 times. Lol. For the interview surely its.

Why do you want to join the army?
    Why do you think you'll fit in the army?
    What happens at training?
    What are your strengths?
    What are the values of the british army?
    What do you parents think about the army?
    What can you offer the army?
    Desrcibe yourself?
    Regiments? who, why, where

and just try and sound genuine and not some junky on cr*k
  13. lol ill try my best thanks for the info! I thought the BARB was a touch screen multiple choice test?
  14. It is.....forget about the BARB its really simple...really.
  15. cool cheers :)