Joining up with degree but not enough UCAS points

Discussion in 'Officers' started by wiltsstokie, Jun 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly, let me apologise for posting this on this forum rather than 'Joining Up' however I felt that those with the answers would be here.
    I do not have the required UCAS points to apply as an officer however I will have a degree from a good University of London university. Will I still be able to apply as an officer or will I have to obtain the two A2 levels?
    I know that this question has been asked before but there has never been a clear answer and even the recruiters seem unsure about it.
    Thank you very much for your time.

2. If you don't mind me asking - wouldn't entry into the degree course require a greater number of UCAS points? How did you manage to go on to degree level?

Excuse me for being a nosy cnut, and tell me to 4cough if you want! Good luck anyway!

3. I applied as a mature student, I am just 22 now and so would be 25 on (possible and hopeful) entry to Sandhurst. I am currently serving as a Police Officer and I got into the uni by selling myself on my Personal Statement and life experience. Fortunately they thought I showed enough potential to complete the degree succesfully.

4. So you haven't as yet got a good degree, option would be complete degree course, then apply.

Alternatively get some advice from the people who's job it is to give that advice the local recruiting office.

5. I went to Uni as a mature student having completed an Access to Higher Education Course due to having not got any UCAS points. I applied for and attended RCB (as it was then) whilst at Uni and was offered a place at RMAS under the proviso that I passed my degree. I made dammed sure I passed and have enjoyed serving for the last eight years or so.

Good luck

6. Wilts - check your pms

7. Hi, I am going into my final year of Uni and had just under the 180 ucas points. I am just about to take my main board in 4 weeks, so I assume that this is not a problem!

Dave