Joining up question about tour/age

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by stewiegriffinfan, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am in the recruiting process to join the regular infantry have adsc in feb 2013 and have a question. I am 26 and want to know if i am likely to get on tour to afghan, i dont mind which regiment i join as long as i get out there? Also if i did not get on a tour at my age would i be less likely to have a good career and get on promotion/courses when there would be younger guys with combat experience and i would be the virgin. If that is the case would i be better off joining the TA infantry and continuing with a civvy career. Cheers people

2. Whether or not you get on tour depends on too many factors, such as when you start training, when you finish training CIC is 6 months but you may be there longer if you pick up an injury. The majority of British troops will be/have been withdrawn from Afghanistan by 2014.

As long as your fit and not a drama merchant I can't see your age being detrimental to your career. There are plenty of people who get along quite well with little or no operational experience.

3. There are tons of age worry threads, have a dig through and read them.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.