ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Joining up now and getting a tour

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Frobs, May 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys,

I'd like some genuine advice please and not the usual wind ups, PLEASE. I'm 20 and in the final year of History at UCL (just 1 month left of exams). Then I'm free. I'm really keen to get out to Afghanistan before the show's over. The question is can I get out and deploy fast enough if I join the ranks instead of going down the officer route. I've been told I'm officer material so maybe this would be a bit of a waste (of potential capability) but if the only way is in as a soldier then I don't care. I'm more than happy to muck in with the guys. That leads me to my next point which sounds really awful I know but would I 'be allowed' to fit in? I sound like a total 'rah' - parental sins for the school they sent me to. A friend who went in the ranks after admitting to drug use in his officer interview(?!?!) joined the army in the ranks and really enjoyed it.

Thanks

2. No

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.