Joining Up... Medical Requirements?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Narcoleptic_Fish, Apr 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi! I tried the search tool thing and couldn't find anything about Eating Disorders that helped so I'm asking a question here. Sorry if it already has been covered...
    Anyway, I'm applying to become a CMT, I've been to the recruitment place and am waiting for all the foms to come back... I'm just really worried that I will be defferred or rejected because back when I was 14 I had bulimia (go ahead take the p1ss ) but anyway my gp gave me counselling sessions, but I only went to one because I sort of 'cured' myself along with my swimming coach, so I only have one 'counselling' session down on my medical record... will I get deferred or refused because of this? I'm completley fit and heathly now and I was thinking that if I played on the fact that I'm a "national standard swimmer" they may be more willing to accept me? Also if I said that joining the army was the main reason I wanted to get better would that help me a bit more, or would it be too much?
    I'd be very grateful if anyone could tell me even a little bit about what will be likely to happen... Thanks in advance =]

2. You can read minds? 8O

3. From JSP 346.

4. Thank you phantom, I have been symptom free for almost 4 years, so hopefully I won't get defferred.

Ash_p: Yes I can read minds! =S Why? Is it also a requirement to join the army?! :roll:

5. Heh, was a quote from a movie ;)
    Good luck on your application though!

6. Thanks!
    Zoolander...right?
    That's the problem with t'internet, you can never quite tell how people say things!

7. Yep, zoolander is the one ;)

8. Does anyone happen to have a link for JSP 346 on that note?

Taaa.

P.S. Good luck mate.