• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Joining Up... Medical Requirements?

Hi! I tried the search tool thing and couldn't find anything about Eating Disorders that helped so I'm asking a question here. Sorry if it already has been covered...
Anyway, I'm applying to become a CMT, I've been to the recruitment place and am waiting for all the foms to come back... I'm just really worried that I will be defferred or rejected because back when I was 14 I had bulimia (go ahead take the p1ss ) but anyway my gp gave me counselling sessions, but I only went to one because I sort of 'cured' myself along with my swimming coach, so I only have one 'counselling' session down on my medical record... will I get deferred or refused because of this? I'm completley fit and heathly now and I was thinking that if I played on the fact that I'm a "national standard swimmer" they may be more willing to accept me? Also if I said that joining the army was the main reason I wanted to get better would that help me a bit more, or would it be too much?
I'd be very grateful if anyone could tell me even a little bit about what will be likely to happen... Thanks in advance =]

From JSP 346.

Eating Disorders (F50)
3.14.24. Candidates with a confirmed diagnosis of Anorexia nervosa (F50.0) should be graded S8. It is impossible to predict the 20% of sufferers who make a full recovery and the remainder relapse and remit or remain severely ill. Candidates with a diagnosis of Bulimia Nervosa (F50.2) may be considered for recruitment if they have been symptom free for more than 4 years, but 30% or more relapse and so referral is recommended.

Thank you phantom, I have been symptom free for almost 4 years, so hopefully I won't get defferred.

Ash_p: Yes I can read minds! =S Why? Is it also a requirement to join the army?! :roll: