• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

joining up in the next month

Just wondered if everyone is glad that they joined the army and havnt looked back since? any regrets at all? Im joining next month just wanted to get an idea of how other people think of it

Not wanting to curb your enthusiasm CF, but I feel howls of 'journo' are slightly beyond our requirements as the moment! ;)

Slap - all I can say is that you should go into the Army with an open mind; do your very best in all things, and don't get suckered in by the total losers you will inevitably meet. I've just done my 14th year and whilst some bits have been pretty naff, most has been excellent fun. The only regret I have is not putting myself forward for other areas of employment in the Armed Forces earlier than I did, but you live and learn, I guess.

The old adage is true - you get out what you put in, and it all depends on how willing you are to make a good fist of it.

Oh - and never volunteer for anything. :D