joining up in the next month

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by slapsumass, Aug 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondered if everyone is glad that they joined the army and havnt looked back since? any regrets at all? Im joining next month just wanted to get an idea of how other people think of it

2. Journo anybody?

3. Why are YOU joining the army? Who with and why them?

What regrets do think YOU might have?

4. Not wanting to curb your enthusiasm CF, but I feel howls of 'journo' are slightly beyond our requirements as the moment! ;)

Slap - all I can say is that you should go into the Army with an open mind; do your very best in all things, and don't get suckered in by the total losers you will inevitably meet. I've just done my 14th year and whilst some bits have been pretty naff, most has been excellent fun. The only regret I have is not putting myself forward for other areas of employment in the Armed Forces earlier than I did, but you live and learn, I guess.

The old adage is true - you get out what you put in, and it all depends on how willing you are to make a good fist of it.

Oh - and never volunteer for anything. :D

5. Yes, I wish I had joined earlier. And I wish I had gone Regular.

6. And so do many,many others (wish you had gone regular ) :lol:

7. I wish I had shagged that wren when I had the chance at Pier Cellars during basic training at HMS Raleigh..........