Joining up advice

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by kaytee, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This may sound stupid but im wanting a little bit of advice on "mind set for phase 1". I only ask this as a few mates have got to phase 1 and quit, I have family in army but wanting advice from you lot. I dont have any ties to were I live I.e boyfriend,kids,pets so just a little advice please?
  2. A few weeks of semi-hardship in return for a lifetime of memories. Ears and eyes open, mouth shut. Big smiley face when it gets cold and wet and crack on. It's not the French Foreign Legion you're joining.
  3. Thank you, I knows its not the French Foreign Legion just all the advice I can get will help.
  4. Pick 10 other recruits and say to your self I am better than them and will only think of quitting when they go

sent by jedi mind trick
  5. Thank you! cant wait to get going, i know itll be hard but worth it.
  6. Just remember that you are all in the same boat and you aren't the only one having a shit day. After a few weeks, you'll end up working as a team a lot better, and find life gets a lot easier in some respects.
  7. I'm willing to take the highs with the lows, I can imagine alot of shit days but they will lead to something good. Thank you for replying.
  8. You could also read the many other threads asking the same question.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.