Joining to be a vmb

Discussion in 'REME' started by Tomo9700, Aug 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi im should be signing up to join the army very soon, but the only job i want to do there is be in the reme as a vmb.
    I was just wondering how hard it is to get in can any average joe do it?
    and what persedures would i go through etc..
    And is there anything i could do or say so im guaranteed to get it??
    Many thanks.
  2. Oh yh i dont really have any GCSE's except Equaivalant to D in maths and english would this count towards anything?
  3. I'm pretty sure that the only selection procedure prior to being accepted as a VM is the same as most of other trades.
    You'll need to pass a BARB Test (a series of very basic tests on a computer in the Careers Office) to the required standard. You MAY have to provide proof of gaining certain grades at GCSE level in certain subjects, but I don't know for definite what these might be.

Best thing to do is to speak to your careers office mate, they'll have all the information you need.
  4. Learn how to squat.
  5. John, at least let him in the door before you start the inane VMA v VMB slagging :roll: At least then he might understand it :D
  6. By the way john, your Avatar indicates you may be a VMB in disguise or even a wannabe :D
  7. John

Fancy acusing you of being a "squatter", especially as you are in your black covvies. Next thing he will be saying that you cant drink either - lol

8. Nobby, he must already be a squatter, or one of those shiny arrse types. Obviously unaware of what the black covvies are about....
  9. 4 GCSEs at grade C or above for all trades in the REME apart from storeman. Or at least it was when I joined...they have probably dropped the standard to being able to spell your name by now judging by some of the mouth breathers that were arriving as I left last year :lol:
  10. GCSE D grades in; Science, Maths, English.. For a Vehicle Mechanic.
  11. A D! is that how bad it has got!
  12. Its been D's for ages, thats why the foundation course had to be introduced to weed out the nuggets before the real trade training starts.
  13. I'm sure it was a C when I joined up and that was only a few years ago.
  14. fcuk i got in with 1 CSE and that was gardening!! :lol:
  15. Thanks a bunch guys! but i know someone that fort in the gulf he was there for 7 years as a VMb and he didnt have any GCSE's when he went in and he just said that you just need to get a good score on the test or whatever it was is this true??