• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Joining time.

Not too sure where this goes on the forum but I guess as im hoping to join Infantry it's here.
I have my Barb test booked for mid april, which was the nearest time available, but after that what is next and how long would that take?

Cheers
Matt

Well, you can read and write, which is a good sign!

Next up after the BARB is the Recruit Selection Centre. Get yourself fit enough to run a mile and a half, do press ups, heaves and sit ups and you'll be fine.

Then turn up to Catterick raring to go and fit but not injured. You'll be trained by some of the best section commanders in the Infantry, which generally means the best in the British Army. The course is 26 weeks long, hard work but very rewarding.

Go for it. You will never regret it.

doing my BARB tomorrow, little nervous only because no ones told me what to expect...

dun...so it was, i really wasnt tht sure what was going to happen lol going to try for the PARA's just gotta get my fitness up to scratch, not far too go

E5_Man said:
Not too sure where this goes on the forum but I guess as im hoping to join Infantry it's here.
I have my Barb test booked for mid april, which was the nearest time available, but after that what is next and how long would that take?

Cheers
Matt
PM me - this is too long to wait

AFCO Career Advice said:
The application process takes 3 - 6 months to complete. To apply for soldier entry you start with an initial visit to the Army Careers Office. You will have a general chat with the recruiter, watch a few videos on potential career options and will be asked a few simple questions about yourself. If you like what you hear they will book a BARB test (Entrance Test), a Basic Skills Assessment (literacy & Numeracy). This is followed by a number of interviews and a 36 hour visit to the Army Development & Selection Centre (ADSC). At the ADSC you will have a full medical, fitness test and a final interview. If this all goes well you will be offered a place in the Army. Approximately 2 - 4 weeks after ADSC you will be enlisted into the Army and then report for basic training.

The BARB (Entrance) Test is done on a touch screen computer. It is simple maths, english and common sense questions. At a later stage of selection or in basic training you will take a Basic Skills Assessment (Literacy & Numeracy). One will measure your level of literacy (that is your reading, comprehension, spelling and punctuation). The other will find out your numeracy ability (that is, working with numbers and doing arithmetic calculations)
good luck :thumright: