Joining the ta

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Steff, Jan 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Probbly a really stupid question, but does the 4 year free asthma rule still stand for joining the ta? I've tryed to phone up my local ta office with no answer. Any answers would really help!!!

2. Nope. Because we're the local dad's Army, it is expected that we're all fat wheezy cunts.
  3. I believe so it has same medical as Regs try phoning local army careers instead.
    Also make sure you dont have an inhaler thats prescribed to you either.
  4. Correct.
  5. Really? I hope so, I just phoned my local AFCO office and the women on the phone said yes it does count as its the same training as the regular army? Really confused!

(Havent had an an inhaler since 2005 but never even used it)
  6. phone the tac on drill night and arrange to come in and start the application process and see how far down the line you get. I was given at least 4 different answers to a similar question by 4 different people at the local AFCO/ different unit etc etc. I found the best approach is just to start the process. If you dont make the grade first time round, you'll have a better idea of what to expect the second time round.
  7. So you're a fat, wheezy cunt then?

I love being in the TA. We attract all the best sorts.
  8. No, I'm not a fat wheezy **** lol. I think I could improve on my running though. I think they are going to do a test on my anyaway, thanks for the replys.
  9. Are they female only bodyparts? I can't remember them testing that on me.
  10. lol..
  11. you never got the anyway test, stabbiffy?
  12. The "anyway" isn't a test, it's one of the replies to the sexual profiling question.

If you get tested on it, they must be doubting your honesty.
  13. Nice way to encourage female recruits guys!
  14. Look, the medical standards are the same for the TA as the Regular Army, its One Army now. Sorry Steff but its for your own good, a lung full of smoke, CS (or whatever we use these days) is not good for most, let alone someone with a recent history of asthma. Not to mention Ops etc, how would you feel if we had to call a Chinook to pick you up due to an asthma attack ( Hot dusty place!) and some poor sod catches something coming the other way and needs that help too?