Joining the TA whilst on meds for Depression?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by wannabecrowbag, Jun 8, 2016.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First point : I have searched the other threads for the answer but they were all full of grumpy ********* telling the poster to search the other threads and posts encouraging suicide. Feel free to post either if it makes you happy, but I doubt it benefits anyone

Ok cheers – I have been on mirtazapine for the past 2 years (anti depressant), originally cos I felt like shit, but now because it helps my insomnia which plagued me for years and was prob one of the main causes I felt like shit

Anyone applied to join the London reg , and I have recently attended it of a Tuesday night and sat in on some classes. Really keen to come back.

Just sent off my OMQ with the local surgery that prescribed me, except I didn’t admit any past psychological problems.

Am I fucked? Are they gonna scrap my application cos of this? Ill be seriously ******* gutted if so. Joining the TA is something ive wanted to do for a while. Im hoping they don’t check – is that stupid

Anyway, your thoughts would be hugely appreciated

cheers

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  2. You lied about medication currently prescribed? I don't see that as being a good thing.

3. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Sorry, chances are they will find out, near to 100% as they will want to see your med records. I am sure someone who say for certain, but I think you need to be "clear" (for want of a better word) of anti-depressants for a specified length of time in order to be accepted.

4. cheers for the reply

i did lie so much as i neglected to mention it on the TA OMQ form.

as i see it, the medication i am on now is for insomnia, not depression

5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Yes, you will fail when your GP completes the documents for your application.

Thread locked, use the stickies if you want to discuss this further.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.