Joining the ta then maybe joining the army in future?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by dave11, Feb 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi.

I am ex army having served 5 years as a infantryman (left in june 09). I am in the process of joining the TA in a medical unit as i now work in a hospital.
    My question is, If I get into the TA and say a year passes, how easy or hard would it be for me to join the regulars again but this time in a medic role (ROYAL ARMY MEDICAL CORPS).
    I no that there has to be a place available but surely it wouldn't be a nightmare? wouldn't it?

?

2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Aren't they preparing to lay off loads of Medic's as part of the review/next tranche?

3. Not sure, they they were in my Hospital the other week recruiting, hence why I'm applying.

4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Can't see where that quote has come from as the webpage is mainly a video link and I am at work (can't stream)

Army medics to be affected by next round of job cuts - ITV News

5. Is this why the TA are recruiting?

6. I do enjoy my job although it lacks excitement and the civvies that's are muppets (do a degree might I add) and haven't got any sense of humour. I just thought to see how the TA went ( best of both worlds and all that bullshit) and then maybe consider regulars after a year or so.

7. If you reapply for the regs you will be classed as a re-enlister and will need to go through the AFB203 special enlistment process via APC through your local AFCO / ACIO. But in April the recruiting process is changing as Craptia is taking over the process for the army as a whole, now if there is changes to the current way od ex-serving differs nobody knows! I will all be done on line!

STILTS

8. So in a nutshell, your saying if I ever do want to apply do it now because we don't know what the policies will be for this crap company?