Joining the TA: Past exam results

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by samr, Jan 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've decided to join the TA and have been checking out all the various army websites for info, spoken to the local recruiter etc.

I'm in the middle of doing the online application form, and I have to enter my exam results. I know what they all are from memory, but I'm quite sure my exam results have been lost.

Do you think this will bother them?

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year, cheers.
  2. I didnt need my exam grades..I knew roughly what they were but as far as proof I didn't have any... Haven't been asked for any since
  3. Unless you're applying to join as a TA Officer past exam grades aren't important, just put down what you can remember.
  4. What is it you want to do? Infantry? Yeomanry? REMF? Or perhaps the Honourable Artillery Company? Joking aside, go for it. It will give you a taste of the Army and perhaps give you an appetite to do it full time.
  5. Be honest and as much info as possible, if they need your results employers can check with an exam board.
  6. TA won't mind about exam results as the army conducts their own intelligence tests called BARB tests. These will check your reading, maths and reasoning ect. Chances are your unit unless you are going for a commission won't ask for proof.

Hope this helps
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Cheers for the info everyone, I'll give them a call and arrange a visit, good thinking.
  8. Put what you remember, admit that you are going on memory not documented facts and avoid any hint of even trying to overdo it. Honesty and clarity is best.

I am not trying to suggest you will, are planning to, or have considered lying but the more honest you are on entry the better.

As for joining the TA - some call it a hobby. It is for some but it is, for all these days, a serious commitment. Good luck.
  9. It depends on what job/reg your going for and what it requires, I'm currently having to get all my gcse certs.

They'll tell you anyway once you hand in forms.
  10. Protect your hands and those around you with Vinyl Touch powder free disposable gloves.