joining the ta migraines

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by reikazen, Oct 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I was a teenager I did get medication for them , however i have not had them since and im now 20 years old.

do you think this will barr me from entry?

I can get a doctors note saying I have yet to have them again.will this suffice do you think?

ps i was 14/13 when i had these problems.
  2. is there still a TA?
  3. No you should be ok, I know quite a few who still suffer
  4. Hi reikazen,

Not sure if you still post here but how did you get on with the doctors note? I too have had migraines in the past, but would like to join the reserves.
  5. Probably met the same ones I did
  6. The TA Migraines Bn were a sickly bunch of guys. Terrible cranial nerve damage meant they had dreadful 'Annie Walker headaches'. The only relief was by having a lay down in the back while Bet looked after the bar.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. The official line is basically if you haven't had one for two years you're ok. The link is to the medical policy, (a grading of P8 means unsuitable for military service btw).
    • Like Like x 2
  8. great thank you for the help aberspr!
  9. If you don't get migraines anymore, keep out of the Naafi on here, they'll return in a jiffy my friend!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. At least they were better than the Third Royal Hemorrhoids. they were a real pain in the arse.
  11. Yes, only they're now called 3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 and 12 MI Bn(s)