joining the ta, medical question

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by ad_ynwa, Sep 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Want to join the ta, hopefully as an officer in rlc or ra. I'm 29, and in reasonably good physical shape. Only problem is I came down with a dose of gout in jan, and its specifically named on the list of illnesses preventing service on the army website. Are the terms any less strict in the ta? The gout has never caused me any problems apart from the one attack.

  2. You are 29 years old and have been diagnosed with gout?

    I can only summise that you are a time traveller from 1845.
  3. Both amusing and helpful. Well in bell-end
  4. I am an army medic.

    Gout is easily treated by slitting your wrists.

    Take 20 paracetamol with a bottle of whiskey to help with the pain.


    • Like Like x 1
  5. Again, wonderfully helpful, thanks for taking the time
  6. Here to help.

    Leave feedback. The form is at reception.
  7. I'm afraid you're right, a history of gout is named in JSP 346 as being incompatible with entry to military service. You'd be P8 from the outset-no review from the single service specialist either (ie no right of appeal).

    You could probably apply as a Army Cadet Force Officer.