joining the TA just wanted some advice

jus dont overdo it, supposedly something like 8 or 9 at one time and you can have a potassium overdose lol
anyways thats how im training, mostly situps, press ups, pull ups now, as my upper body strength is lacking but even 30 a night does the job atm. easy things you can do by just lying on the floor, dont need to fork out for a gym membership

good luck

Pvt G

By the time B Company/Londons sort out your admin fella - you'll wish you hadn't have bothered waiting those extra couple of weeks.

I suggest get down there next week and get the ball rolling... you're gonna wait a month or so (if not more) for everything to be squared away including your recruit selection weekend.

There's also quite a backlog now to start recruit training (or at least that's the score with lads fom our unit)... so the sooner you get the ball rolling, the better it will be for you.

craigd has a great point there. it took me from start of february till 5 weeks ago to get my RSW or ADSC so that was like 4 months :(

Apply asap and keep training. Also keep at the staff regarding your application

ok ill give them a call next week and get the ball rolling, i cant wait to get started i want to go on tour as soon as possible. how long do you think it will take for me to be able to go on tour?

when ur trained and your detatchement, company whatever is called to go
my regiment is going next may but i wont be trained in time due to summer challenge stealing all of our training staff :( no weekends for me till end of september

dale_w said:
ok ill give them a call next week and get the ball rolling, i cant wait to get started i want to go on tour as soon as possible. how long do you think it will take for me to be able to go on tour?
You'll miss next years tour with the LONDONS - the size has been halfed already and I doubt you'll be trained and ready to deploy.

There is also another in 2011 at ISAF HQ, plus a rumoured composite company in 2012.