joining the ta after a snlr

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by expwwrr, Feb 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i want to join the ta im ex regular who done 9 months in the mctc and when i signed off i told my unit i had taken drugs to speed up my release something i have regreted ever since ! would this stop me joining my local ta unit as this was over 10 years ago when i was a young gobby know it all ?? im ex 1 pwrr i mistyped my user name!

2. Bit difficult this to be honest, the best thing to do would be to go to the local TA centre and have an honest chat with them, we all do things we regret and 10 years is a long time ago.

3. cheers for the sensible reply !ive wrote a letter to the local ta unit and ive been honest and told them the full story I was pissed off with the army back then stuck in NI during the peacefire bored as **** cant belive im itching to do it all again !!!

4. Having served your prospective unit will enquire with manning & records at Glasgow to get your service record. If drugs were the reason for you discharge then this will be picked up.

Chances are you have scuppered your chances of joining the TA.

As Polar 69 says be up front declare all and see what they say.

However, if you decide to conceal this and try to join then it is found out you will not be allowed to join.