Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joining the Royal Engineers

TeamBox

Crow
Hi I am looking to join the Army, in the Royal Engineers

I am looking at the Engineer IT Systems Operator role

I was just wondering, is this a role where I would be in combat? or is it more of a role where I would be at base most of the time? I understand it's difficult to answer, just trying to get a rough idea

And if anyone has been or currently in the role, how do you find it?

Thank you

I was just wondering, is this a role where I would be in combat? or is it more of a role where I would be at base most of the time? I understand it's difficult to answer, just trying to get a rough idea

Thank you

Thank you

The duke doesn't moderate this forum woo hoo.

You know they'll check to see if you're enough of a knob to join the engineers? You don't have to be a proper knob to join, the training will see to that. So just a bit of a knob will do.

Are you knob enough?

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
The duke doesn't moderate this forum woo hoo.

You know they'll check to see if you're enough of a knob to join the engineers? You don't have to be a proper knob to join, the training will see to that. So just a bit of a knob will do.

Are you knob enough?

image.jpeg

Anonzo

Swinger
Just passed selection with a grade A, and will be joining the Royal engineers as a C3S, I was just wondering what is the most active engineering regiment at the moment apart from 23 para engineer regiment. I was just wondering what regiment deals with the most combat action in the engineers, I will be trying out for the 23 para regiment nearer the time but just want a brief outline of what regiment is the best, cheers

Just passed selection with a grade A, and will be joining the Royal engineers as a C3S, I was just wondering what is the most active engineering regiment at the moment apart from 23 para engineer regiment. I was just wondering what regiment deals with the most combat action in the engineers, I will be trying out for the 23 para regiment nearer the time but just want a brief outline of what regiment is the best, cheers

You could always do All Arms Commando Course(AACC) and join 59 RE, but you would need some nice lingerie for drinking in.

I was attached to 32 Armd many moons ago, and they seemed a happy bunch of degenerates!

As to your question "a brief outline of what regiment is the best", that would be the Regt you are serving in, at any given time.

Anonzo

Swinger
Yeah I have looked into the commando 24 regiment but do you know what engineer regiment deals most with combat and the action side ? I see that 21 and 22 regiment are close support so would you recommend that they would be called upon the most when it came to the forefront on battle and combat engineering? Cheers

You're better off talking to a recruiting office, I'm out of touch with manning and current postings since I hit the Brasso.

Anonzo

Swinger
Yeah I spoke to them but they said best thing to do is wait until phase 1 and phase 2 when they start discussing regiments and just have a talk with them about it, I'll just do that tbh, thanks Thoy

Isn't there an updated sticky with info on RE, and the regiments and basic roles etc? Give that a butcher's if you haven't already and see if you can gain some info from it.

Latest Threads