Joining the Royal Artillery as a Light Gunner. Also question about All Arms Commando Course.

Hello Lads. I'm inspiring to join RA as a Light Gunner.
My current fitness score is :
Push ups in 2 min - 35
Sit ups in 2 min - 45
Pull ups - 6/7
1.5 mile run - 11:00
I'm 6'4 foot / 14.8 stones. 26 years old
I work out 3 - 4 times a week. Run about 3 times a week.

Usally in my job I walk daily over 15 miles as I work as a Postie.

Which area I need to really focus to be able to make it through the basic training, I don't want to leave my current job then fail the basic and be send to Job Center.
How important is maths and good grammar when joining RA? The only formal education I have is BTEC Level 3 Public Services (Triple Distinction with star), GCSE Maths C and some English littercy certificates.

I am really interested in All Arms Commando Course, you can volonteer for this only during the training and artillery school or is there such a option after spending year or two in your battery?

What other skills should I work on before joining? I know fitness is key but also I would like to know what are the other elements ?

Are there any decent videos on YT about life in the Army and especially Royal Artillery that you lads would recommend ?

You definitely want to get your phys stats up if you want to try the AACC especially your upper body strength. Although you will go on a 'beat up' course or Pre-AACC the better your phys the 'easier' you'll find it. I say 'easier' as the course won't be easy but it'll just make your life so much more comfortable.

Maths and good grammar? Not massively, your AFCO will tell you what grades are needed for promotion but I think it's Maths and English GCSE Grade C.

I'm not sure at what point you volunteer for the AACC but I'm sure your AFCO or training team will be able to help and guide you.

Other elements to work would ironing, folding and getting into a set routine. What catches people out at the start of basic training is the amount of kit maintenance that takes place, if you already know how to iron this will give you a big advantage. Also phys as above.

Hope that helps a bit, fire away if you've got anymore questions.