Joining the Royal Artillery and have Dental Question

Hello there, I am 24 and Joining as an AS90 Gunner; my main concern is that I have a small hole in my front tooth by the gumline and one of my molars has been chipped (my teeth been like that for Years, they caused me no issues so they have no Dental care plan for it); would that get me deferred in the assessment?

put this in the dedicated medical thread

It should only cause a problem if you are undergoing dental treatment or have to wear braces etc.

They way it worked for us is that we had a dental check early on in training then if work was needed you were booked into various slots in the training programme.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You're doomed. Military dentists are all sadists who love pulling out teeth for any excuse.

To avoid this fate, get your teeth fixed before you join.

Hello there, I am 24 and Joining as an AS90 Gunner; my main concern is that I have a small hole in my front tooth by the gumline and one of my molars has been chipped (my teeth been like that for Years, they caused me no issues so they have no Dental care plan for it); would that get me deferred in the assessment?
How on earth did you get a small hole in your tooth? Do you mean a cavity?

I agree with Fang_Farrier, army dentists are utter sadists. The day after having had one of my back teeth out, I went back to the dentists to ask for more 'brufen', as I was in agony. The Jock cow said to me: "You've eaten all that brufen I gave you yesterday? You must have the pain threshold of a f*cking hamster. Get out of my office before I charge you for trying to overdose yourself". She went out of her way to deliberately unman me.

On reflection though, she was an absolute stunner, with a cracking set of tits.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

I agree with Fang_Farrier, army dentists are utter sadists. The day after having had one of my back teeth out, I went back to the dentists to ask for more 'brufen', as I was in agony. The Jock cow said to me: "You've eaten all that brufen I gave you yesterday? You must have the pain threshold of a f*cking hamster. Get out of my office before I charge you for trying to overdose yourself". She went out of her way to deliberately unman me.

I agree with my colleague, fecking wimp.

It'll most likely be a white Filling,