Joining the RLC

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Sneeky_Fish, Jan 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there

Firstly, sorry if this has been asked and answered before, at first glance I couldn’t see anything so here goes...Sorry for the long post. I’m going to go into my AFCO anyway to have a chat with them, but I thought I’d ask on here first for a bit of a heads up on the situation.

I’m looking at joining the TA at the moment, preferably the RLC as a driver. The thing is, I don’t know much about the selection procedure for the TA, and I have another variable to throw in here too...I’m currently a member of the UOTC (University Officer Training Corps), and I am halfway through my MTQ1 with them. As part of my course I have also had to get a job in industry, so to cut a very long story short, I will not be able to continue with my UOTC for much longer. However I would be interested to know if it is worth staying with my unit, finishing the MTQ1 before joining the RLC TA? Would it make any different to my TA training, for example would I not have to do the MTQ1 again? I am interested in benefiting from the extra courses that can apparently be done, and I would like to start doing them as soon as possible. Anyway I’ll stop there for now, and see what replies I get.

Would anyone know any answers?

Thanks, SF