Joining the reserves

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by PassingApe, Dec 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First of all im well prepared to take incoming along with any serious answers to this slightly gay, poofter-ish question

Going in to have a look round the local reserves base, do a medical have a chat etc. How smart should i dress up? Dont want to turn up in a suit looking like a twat or in shellsuit like a chav(im not a chav), or what's even worse those fuckwits who turn up in webbing that theyve bought from the local fishing shop.

So how smart? :D

2. smart casual for first visit - trousers & polo shirt or shirt

3. Oh and hide your reporters clip board, what a stupid ARRSE Question.

4. What's stupid about that question? Seemed reasonable to me.

5. Are we still known as TAVR or is it is just TA these days?

6. Cords are a decent compromise between trousers and jeans.

7. Jeans and T-Shirt, as long as your clean, your are not getting judge on your clothes.
    Any Recruit training team just want you through the door, they will brief you up once you’re in.
    Good Luck

8. Thanks for the replies.Interesting that t w a t got bleeped but fuckwit managed to slip through the net!Il have to remember that one!

9. ... if you're joining that kind of Regiment! :wink:

10. "Oh and hide your reporters clip board, what a stupid ARRSE Question"

You have a point Grey Man...I can see the headlines in the Scum now. "Shock Horror as cuts force civvie to turn up in cords!" The Boys favourite newspapers undercover journo discovers MoD's cruel lack of interest and equipment shortages in civvies!