Joining the reserves after the regulars on 130A discharge?

I might be getting 130a discharge, I've signed off with 4 months left, however I've been a little bit naughty and it seems my chain of command want me gone and are applying for my discharge after 8 years service. What's the chances of joining the TA after?
Thanks

Depends what you have done chap.

A little bit more info maybe helpful

Well I got put on CO's ordered a few months ago for fighting, and I told the Provo to do one last week, he wasn't to happy about that and said **** all in return. Went to work Monday morning and he'd written a statement to the OC saying I'd told him to do one

Which 'orders' are you talking about? I didn't say anything about not being able to follow orders
The Armed Forces Act 2006 - specifically the bit about fighting - is kind of an order.

As are queens regulations; they gently suggest you might not want to fight in them, and uphold appropriate behaviour at all times.

On the other hand...you seem to be a cretin with an attitude problem. Have you tried being a guest at one of HM Prison Service establishments?

On the other hand...you seem to be a cretin with an attitude problem. Have you tried being a guest at one of HM Prison Service establishments?
Because nobody in the Army has ever had a fight, and all Provo staff are intelligent, reasonable, delightful people who never deserve to be told to "do one" :)

Stop being so fucking judgmental. I've seen many good troops who are a little challenging on the discipline side. Doesn't mean they should be written off without you knowing any of the details.

Of course, if further details reveal the OP to be a knob then it's a fair shout. But "fighting" and gobbing off to the Provo are actually regarded as quite positive traits in some quarters :D

Of course, if further details reveal the OP to be a knob then it's a fair shout. But "fighting" and gobbing off to the Provo are actually regarded as quite positive traits in some quarters :D
Clearly not in his unit, or they wouldn't be submitting the 130A with only 4 months left...unless there is further history here which is being obscured.

Fighting on its own would be unlikely to result in an application for discharge.

The_Duke

LE
When at regular RD, I had plenty of soldiers under my command who meet his "profile". They were a pain, and took up a large amount of admin time but "single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints". To get to the stage of discharge because of it took either an exceptional event or a series of occurrences to the point where the effort involved exceeded their value to the unit.

As a reserve OC, I just didn't have the time nor the disciplinary means to deal with someone like that. Why would I knowingly take on a basket case to add to my burden?

All I want all I want is some advice in regards to the reservist, quoting QR's aren't really helping. Of course you're all a bunch of saints that have done **** all wrong. There's a large amount of people leaving my unit and more wanting to leave and my 'negative attitude towards work' and 'bad influence' on the newer lads is a factor in this apparently.

The_Duke

LE
All I want all I want is some advice in regards to the reservist, quoting QR's aren't really helping. Of course you're all a bunch of saints that have done **** all wrong. There's a large amount of people leaving my unit and more wanting to leave and my 'negative attitude towards work' and 'bad influence' on the newer lads is a factor in this apparently.
Which makes lots of sense. Why would you want to keep someone for an extra 4 months if you believe that they are a disruptive influence. Similarly, why would you expect a reserve unit to welcome someone who has a history of being disruptive?

You'd be surprised at how few Disciplinary issues there are in Reserve units.

In all honesty, if you're a tad on the All Guns Blazing side of Regular soldiering, you're just as likely to be like it in the AR. IN fact, given the often slower pace in the AR, I think you'd struggle given what you've already said is your "negative attitude towards work."

Its a small world and I have no doubt that your track record would somehow follow you...

Of course you're all a bunch of saints that have done **** all wrong. .
In my case I wasn't accused of anything I'd actually done.

Assuming you are not on a wind up;

Having been involved in many, many discharges it was quite rare to discharge anyone in their last few months, the only occasions I can remember were ones where CDT were involved (somewhat different to your case) and some very very naughty children who the CoC wanted to screw over. I mean ensure they had suitable and proportionate disciplinary action taken against them.

I'd suggest (in all seriousness for a change, no piss taking here) that it's time to have a chat with the Padre, mental health team etc

Not exactly selling yourself here, you will fukcing struggle in civvy street.

The_Duke

LE
... and some very very naughty children who the CoC wanted to screw over. I mean ensure they had suitable and proportionate disciplinary action taken against them.
Which could well be what is happening here. They can face 4 more months of him being disruptive, etc and he then retires with a clean (if not glowing) record and can go straight to the reserves to get more money out of the system, or,

discharge to get rid of their problem child before he continues to "taint" those around him, and at the same time making sure he has a discharge on his record and is thus prevented from getting back into the system.

Sounds like they have thought this one through!